eleven

4TH AUGUST 2016 || NEW YORK CITY

"THIS IS SO MUCH more fancier than I expected," Klara muttered nervously to Raphaël.

There were multiple round tables scattered around the room which had 6 chairs around each. The adults and staff were all together and the players filled the other tables. There weren't any rules on sitting with the players from Bayern or vice versa, but most of the players stuck to themselves anyway due to language barrier.

Isco, Mateo, Álvaro and Jesé were all sat around one table saving a space Raphaël and Klara.

There were menus in each place and they couldn't help but wonder how the chefs were going to dish out around 90 or so separate orders. Real Madrid had a squad of 30 alone and Bayern had 19, but add that onto an entourage of maybe 20 each and then some other guests.

Klara comfortable took the seat between Raphaël and Álvaro. She knew that there was not much tension between her and Álvaro anymore.

"You look great Klara," Jesé complimented kindly. She thanked him quickly with a blush rising to her cheeks.

Meanwhile, the ex-Real Madrid player from Bayern was chatting with his old friend Sergio and Marcelo.

"Oh my, is that Klara? Little Klara?" Xabi watched the vaguely familiar blonde walk in with Raphaël.

Marcelo turned and found her in the room, "Yeah! She's our photographer and filmer for pre-season, but she's just a familiar presence at the club still,"

"I wanna go say hello!" Xabi said excitedly and walked over to the table, "Klara!"

She turned and grinned, "Oh my God, Xabi! I completely forgot you played for Bayern!" She stood up to hug him.

Xabi pouted, "Forgot about me that easily? I'm kidding, i'm kidding! How are you, little one?"

Although she was around 17 when she met the senior team players, most of them were still much older and called her 'little'.

"Not so little anymore, Xab," she chuckled, "But i'm fantastic; I'm supper happy that Zidane gave me the opportunity to come,"

"The man adores you! We all do!" Xabi grinned and his eyes peered behind her to Álvaro, "You and Álvaro are still going strong correct? How long has it been? 8 years?"

The laughter between the table ceased and everyone just looked at each other awkwardly.

"Uh no, we're not," she chuckled nervously, "We broke up when he moved to Italy,"

Xabi's eyes widened in embarrassment, "Oh i'm sorry! Didn't mean to make things awkward!"

Álvaro smiled up at him from next to her, "Don't worry. You didn't know, Xabi,"

"Yeah, well I better get back to the table. I think the waiters are coming soon and I would like some food as quickly as possible," Xabi bid his goodbyes and softly messed up the top of her hair.

Mateo Kovačić was flicking his eyes between Álvaro and Klara confusedly, "What does he mean by are you two still together?"

The ex-lovers almost forgot that not everyone in the team knew of their relationship since it was hardly talked about after Álvaro left and especially not to the new players.

"Erm, Klara and Álvaro used to date way back when," Isco answered for them.

"Really? For how long?" Mateo pressed on.

"About 6 years," Klara shrugged as if it was nothing but the Croatian's eyes widened nonetheless. 6 years was a pretty damn long time for people so young.