sixteen

2 DAYS AFTER THE SUPERCUP
11TH  AUGUST 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN

FIVE DAYS LATER, she was entirely recovered from her headache and pains. It was her mother's birthday, so family from all over the country were flying in.

She hadn't seen her older brother, Kyle, for a long while seeing as he lived 6 hours away by car. In fact, she hadn't seen her family for a good month and it was definitely a good time to see them.

However, just before she was going to leave the house, she had heard a knock on the door.

"Good morning," Álvaro sent her his usual heart-racing smile.

"Morning, Alva," she grinned, "What are you doing here?" Klara stepped aside to let him in.

"Can I not see my favourite girl in all of Madrid?" he smirked flirtatiously, "I was going to ask you to some late lunch,"

Klara hadn't seen Álvaro since before the Supercup either. Of course, they had spoken multiple times over the period and especially before the match. Klara had celebrated the triumph in front of her TV in her favourite Real jersey and praised the Lord for Sergio Ramos and his head, who pulled them out of shit in much-needed circumstances.

She rolled her eyes at his cheekiness, "You're a charmer, Álvaro, but I was actually about to head out for my Mum's birthday. She's having a little party. Want to come with?"

Álvaro's smile dropped and he pulled an awkward face, "I don't know, Klaz. They probably hate me right? And don't even lie to me,"

She scoffed, "Alva, they adore you, even now. I promise! Besides, your parents are going to be there anyway,"

Álvaro let out a breath of relief, "They are?"

"Of course. Our parents have been best friends twice as long as we've been in the picture. Nothing could break their gang up," she reminded him.

It was true. Back in the day, Alfonso Morata, Susana Martin, Alejandro Montes and Camilla Rogers all met in their first year of university together. Ever since then, they had all been best friends and it was almost comical how they all married each other.

Alfonso and Susana's first child was a girl whom they names Marta and Alejandro and Camilla's first child was a boy named Kyle. They two weren't too far off in age, but they could only dream about Marta and Kyle pursuing a relationship. They just didn't get along well.

Their dreams were granted when just a few years later, the two couples were pregnant again and the genders switched. The babies were born just a day off each other and were attached at the hip from the get-go.

Klara and Álvaro did almost everything together and nobody objected when they got into a relationship at 15 and almost turning 16. They had this kind of relationship that no one ever thought would break up, but 6 years down the line, they were much older and fought a little more. Of course, Álvaro's hectic career was the catalyst of it all. She was incredibly proud of him and certainly didn't mind his career as she loved watching football, but when transfer rumours came about and Álvaro would neither deny or confirm them, arguments would break out.

Since Álvaro moved, Klara saw Álvaro's parents every now and then. Their son almost became a prohibited subject when talking to Klara, which she was thankful for.

"I wouldn't want to interrupt your family time," he blabbered out excuse after excuse.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to, Á, but you're still family to them no matter what," she gave him a tight lipped smile.