eighteen

AUGUST 17TH 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN

KLARA'S FIRST THOUGHT in the morning was to text Álvaro. She hadn't texted back, since it didn't feel appropriate to.

to Álvaro <3
I feel like absolute shit for not remembering :( Are you free today? X

from Álvaro <3
Don't sweat it, Klaz. You were just caught up in it all. And yes, i'm free today :)) X

to Álvaro <3
I still want to make it up to you lovee. Breakfast? X

Álvaro replied that he would love to, and that he would pick her up whenever she was ready. Half an hour later, he was pulled up in front of her house.

"Good morning," her tone was pleasant and fruitful.

"Good morning, sunshine," he felt it was appropriate to finally kiss her out of nowhere after the previous night. The kiss was short, but ultimately sweet, "Where would you like to have breakfast?"

"I should be asking you that, since i'm trying to make it up to you. Anywhere, my treat," she shot him a grin.

"Our favourite breakfast place- if it still is yours? Aunt Helier's?" he suggested.

She gasped, "Yes! I haven't been there foe so long!"

Aunt Helier's was an all-day breakfast diner in Madrid. The two had accidentally discovered if when they were 16 and out in town. Rain started chucking down and so they evacuated to the nearest shop, which was Aunt Helier's.

It wasn't far away from Klara's house and Álvaro had pulled up into the parking just a while later.

The last time Klara visited the place was two months ago, and she was still name-to-name basis with them. Although, she doubted that they remembered him.

Álvaro slipped his hand into hers whilst walking and thankfully, she made no effort to pull her hand out. It seemed as if the kiss from the night before was doing them wonders. Klara knew that paps could be following Álvaro's every move, but at this point, she didn't really care.

The door jingled above them as they stepped onto the peach tiles of the restaurant. The way it worked was that you had to queue for your food when you first got in, and then it would be brought over.

"What are you getting?" he asked.

She scanned the menu board above the tills, "The egg and cheese burger and a fries bucket. You?"

"Same, but with bacon in the burger instead of cheese," he shrugged. Álvaro saw Klara fish out her card, "I'm paying, Klaz,"

She scoffed, "Like heck you will. This is my treat remember?"

"Klara," he whined.

"Álvaro," she mocked, "Just let me? Please?"

He grumbled to himself and muttered about paying for their next meal out.

-

"I've missed this a lot," he moaned in delight after taking a bite of the heavenly burger.

"That's why it's our favourite," she gave him a toothy grin and sipped from the thick chocolate milkshake, "Do you have anything else planned today?"

"I was hoping to spend it with you," he shrugged, "You know, go around town and all,"

She crinkled up her face, "We could easily get photographed,"

"Who cares?"

Sighing deeply, she pouted, "Rafa? Your teammates? Alice? The media?"

"When can we tell them then?" he began to get frustrated.