twenty four

{ a load of time skips from now on as the book nears an end :( }

TWO MONTHS LATER
23RD OCTOBER 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN

BIRTHDAYS WERE ALWAYS hectic and chaotic, especially when two birthdays came up in a row. Also, put in the fact that Álvaro had a match that day, which therefore meant his night was almost taken away from him. Don't get him wrong, Álvaro loved his job, but it can obviously get tiring.

His plan before 6 or so, was to have lunch with his wonderful girlfriend, and enjoy her presence.

Zinedine had let Klara sit in the dugouts with the birthday boy providing she didn't distract (she never does anyway, it's Álvaro who distracts her from watching the match) and he was subbed on at the 75'.

The scores were tied so some kind of pressure was hanging over the birthday boy, and my God did it feel good to score that decisive goal at the 83'. He celebrated cutely by doing a 2 and a 4 with his fingers, followed by an 'K' with his fingers and some kisses towards the dugouts.

"You're amazing," Klara wrapped her arms around his neck securely and planted a big kiss on his lips. It didn't matter if he was sweaty, it just felt so good.

"I love you," he mumbled against her lips, before realising what he said and snapping his head away. Yes it had been two months since he admitted that he was still in love with her, but neither had dared to say it.

She noticed his worried expression, placed a hand on his cheek and pecked his lips softly, "And I love you,"

The Spaniard let out a sigh of relief, "I'll just change quickly, baby,"

An hour later, the two were snuggled up warm in Álvaro's bed. It was autumn, and getting particularly chilly. The heater was turned on and they were under the thick duvet.

Klara glanced at the digital clock.

23:49 PM

She smiled to herself and turned to her boyfriend, "Exactly 24 years old,"

He leaned down to her and kissed her sharp jaw, "And only 17 more minutes until your exact 24th birthday,"

Ever since Álvaro had unintentionally said those three words after the match, they just couldn't stop saying it to each other.

"I love you so much," he poured out and closed his eyes as she deepened the peck he gave her.

"I love you, te amo," she grinned against his lips, and rolled on top of him. His strong hands wrapped around her waist.

You know how this ends.

-

24TH OCTOBER 2016

Álvaro and Klara did have super amazing friends. Raphaël was the one behind the super amazing, modern party for the two. They had set it at a penthouse location, where there was a glass wall which everyone knew Klara loved. The two knew about the party, but nothing about who was going to be there.

They were simply told to dress 'quite fancy'.

-