Chapter 2

Fashion Killa | A$AP Rocky

Tik Tik Boom | Britney Spears feat. T.I.

Ghetto Baby | Cheryl Cole

Zayn's fingers were pressed into my hips, holding me closely. My backside was firmly pressed into his front, my hips swaying with his to the beat. It was rare for me to dance like
this, especially with a guy I'd just met, but something about Zayn was different. I wanted this.

Our bodies were synced, becoming one. His left hand gripped my waist while his right slid around my front and rested on my lower abdomen. Sharp breaths left my lips. I could feel the heat from his mouth tickling my neck, goosebumps rising in its tracks. My hand flew up to hold the back of his clammy neck, my hips still circling into his crotch.

His chest rose and fell, the speed of his heart increasing against my back. I was so lost in the moment that I forgot there were others around us. It felt like we were the only two people in the room.

Zayn's hand left my hip for a moment to flick my long hair onto my shoulder. His lips pressed gently to the base of my neck, hot warmth crawling up my skin rapidly. My head fell back and my eyes fluttered closed. I could hear him muttering the suggestive lyrics into my ear. My insides tingled, butterflies forming in the pit of my stomach.

I spun around, locking my arms around his neck; our hips still swaying with the music that pumped through our veins. He held me by the waist, his fingers tapping rhythms into my sides. Long fingers squeezed my hips and pulled me closer to his body.

I felt so free dancing with Zayn. I didn't care if people watched us. It was nothing but me and him and the heat radiating off our skin.

"You're quite the dancer," he mentioned into my ear.

"I've seen better," I replied, pulling away to look into his warm eyes.

"I beg to differ." He chuckled. His laugh was so intriguing and I couldn't help but wonder when I'd hear it again.

Zayn's mouth parted as if he was about to say something but soon closed when someone grabbed my arm. I turned around to see Alexa standing in my way.

"We have to go," she half shouted over the bumping music. "Grace is piss drunk and I haven't found a guy yet!"

I was going to protest but I knew how Alexa was. She always complained if she didn't get her way and wouldn't shut up about until you felt bad. It was pretty annoying but I've gotten used to it.

"Alright, I'll meet you at the front," I offered.

She huffed, rolling her eyes before stalking away. She was so difficult sometimes.

I turned towards Zayn with a sentimental smile on my face. I didn't want to leave him just yet; there was so much I wanted to know about him. But I already told Alexa I'd meet her in a second so I couldn't change my mind now.

"I'm sorry," I pouted, "I have to go."

His eyes drooped into a saddened state. He looked almost hurt by my words, disappointed even. I suddenly felt bad.

"When will I see you again?" he asked. His voice was eager and hopeful.

"Only time will tell," I winked before striding away, pushing myself through sweaty bodies before I disappeared into the crowd.

***

I woke up in a bed. I was dressed in shorts and an old t-shirt, my hair tied up into a messy ponytail. I didn't remember coming home last night. Hell, I didn't even remember changing or falling asleep. The bright rays of the warm sun shone through my window. I had to squint my eyes before I adjusted to the light.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes and letting a yawn escape my tired lips. I wasn't in my room after all, I was in Alexa's. It annoyed me how I didn't remember anything from the previous night at all. I did remember a guy I'd met; tanned skin, dark hair, scruff on his chin...

Zayn.

It didn't feel real. Was it a dream or did it actually happen? I pulled myself out of bed and followed the smell of fresh pancakes and sizzling bacon. I noticed Grace standing in front of the stove, a spatula in one hand and the handle of a pan in the other.

"Good morning, Jan," Alexa chimed, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" I frowned. I chuckled nervously as I waited for her response.

"Someone had a lot of fun at the club last night," she winked.

So it really did happen. It wasn't a dream after all.

"What happened?" I questioned just to make sure.

"How could you forget?" she gasped.

"I just want to make sure. It felt like dream."

Grace giggled, slapping one last pancake onto a plate. She reached over to turn the stove off before walking towards us, setting our plates down in front of us.

"You were dancing with this guy, this very hot guy if I must say."

"I wish I could've seen him," Grace pouted, stuffing a forkful of pancakes into her mouth.

"Well if you weren't busy being a drunk you could've." Alexa teased.

"I'm not a drunk...I just got carried away."

I laughed at her serious expression. Her eyebrows furrowed and her tinted lips pressed together in a tight line.

"Did you get his number?"

"I didn't have time," I muttered, my green eyes shooting daggers into Alexa's blue ones. Her hands shot up defensively as she avoided my eye contact.

After a while the three of us finished eating, leaving nothing but plates filled with syrup covered scraps and half full, half empty orange juice filled glasses on the table.

***

"I'm still so hungover," Grace whined, falling back into Alexa's bed sheets. "Let's go somewhere. I need fresh air."

We all nodded in agreement, wanting to get out of the house for a while. The best place we knew to go whenever we needed a hangover to cure; the coffee shop. It was my favorite shop and it wasn't that far from here.

None of us had to confirm where we were headed, for we already knew. We all went off to go get ready on our own. Grace went to sit in front of Alexa's vanity, fixing her hair while Alexa went straight to her closet, flicking through racks of clothes until she decided what she wanted.

So I headed towards the bathroom, the thought of Zayn and our previous encounter still fresh on my mind. I didn't know when I'd see him again or if I'd get to see him at all. All I could do was hope and pray that we'd someday meet again.