Chapter 24

We Can't Stop | Miley Cyrus

Too Lovely | LOLAWOLF

It was the next weekend, you know, the day of Louis' party. Zayn and I were just now walking up to Louis' flat side by side. I was pretty sure that he wanted to hold my hand, and he could've, but I had them tucked under my arms to keep them warm. And then I felt dumb because, hey, Zayn could totally keep my hands warm. What was I thinking? But it was kind of too late now since we were already at the front door and Zayn was opening it like he lived here.

Boy, was I nervous. I really shouldn't have been though. It was just a simple party and I happened to like parties, so what was the big deal? I was just scared because in a few minutes I'd be meeting Zayn's friends and I'd have to introduce myself and what would they think of us two? Were we dating in their eyes or was I just his little girl toy? Was that even a real term? I didn't really know.

Zayn looked back at me seeing as he was leading the way, and smiled. I felt a little better but there was still that little flutter of nerves running through my heart. Breathe, Jan, breathe.

The house wasn't that big but it wasn't small either. It kind of looked like the typical boy's den: a pool table off to the side, a dart board hanging off the wall. And of course there was a giant flat screen tv playing some stupid football game (or was it Fifa?) with a bunch of guys crowding around it yelling out profanities and drunk cheers. And of course it wasn't a real party until there were red cups arranged on the table filled with liquor and white ping pong balls flying everywhere. I felt like I was back in high school.

I almost lost Zayn through the thick crowd but he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him so it wouldn't happen again. "Sorry, it wasn't supposed to be this big," he muttered into my ear, referring to the growing party. It was okay, though because somehow I felt safer, maybe less nervous? I couldn't really explain it.

"Zayn, my boy!" Someone screeched from behind, so loud I almost had to cover my ears. We turned around to find a boy with shaggy brown hair and pretty blue eyes and a wide smile on his face. His face was covered with a bit of a scruff from lack of shaving and I noticed a few tattoos on his arms and one peeking out of his shirt on his chest.

"Louis," Zayn cheered, going in for a little bro hug. They exchanged a few words while I watched from the side awkwardly. I smiled at the two because they looked like such great friends and that made me happy.

"So, you must be Jan," he grinned at me. I nodded shyly, muttering a small "hey," before I was being taken into a friendly, really friendly, hug. At least he was a very welcoming person. "You're the one that Zayn can't seem to shut up about," he laughed while Zayn punched his shoulder and told him to shut up, Lou.

"I think it's sweet," he grinned again. I was beginning to really like this guy even though I'd just met him. "Make yourself comfortable, Jan. Want a beer?"

I was just about to decline and ask if he had anything else, but Zayn beat me to it. "You do like beer, yeah? If not I'm sure there's other choices if you want--"

"Zayn. Chill." Louis shook his head, smirking a bit before turning my way again. "There's plenty to drink here. Anything you'd like."

"Thanks," I smiled, following them into kitchen.

***

I wasn't much of a drinker, always relied on one or two drinks at the most, but somehow I ended up playing beer pong with Niall, Zayn's other friend, as Zayn looked on from the side. He and Louis were sat next to each other, chatting and cheering me on a bit. It was mainly Louis doing all the screaming, though.