4 earth

It's the inevitable fault in humans really, emotions can be brilliant or like someone just stabbed you in the chest with a rusty blunt knife, and to add insult to injury, twists the knife. Oddly enough all species tend to show grief, like the mourning crow calling for its lover, who's feathery flesh was hung upon a pole as a warning. The worst part about emotions is that we ourselves create them, we get upset, we get excited about small things, we fall in love, we fall it of love, but at the end of the day it's our own damn fault, and we can point fingers and say it his fault I feel like this or it's their fault I'm angry. But all walks of life take the path of sadness and grief and we all fall in love and we all, at some point, must depart this world, we all must take our final bow and let the curtains close.
                               A whole week had passed since Halia's birthday, and needless to say, things were going downhill, Halia was in danger of losing her job. She worked in a part time job as a secretary at an office, it was only at weekends but because she was currently studying medicine in college, it brought in enough to feed us, pay the monthly bills and keep us alive.
                         As fate would have it, the boss at the office was a homophobic man who in my opinion should not be looking at his female employees like that. Not only this but I noticed 'problems' with Halia's health. When she climbs the small stairs to the bedrooms she loses her breath, like a old lady she hunched her shoulders and let herself breath deep when she thought I wasn't looking and the chest pains continued to make an appearance. She thought I didn't notice, she was wrong, and that would be her inevitable let down.
                            "Halia?" My voice soft with question, worry and fear, "yes cutie?" He tone was not as fearful as mine but just as questioning, "I fear for you, you no longer mock me being out of breath going upstairs, because you are just as bad, you-" "I'm-" "don't interrupt me, your chest is in so much pain, and you, you hid the doctors results from me, as though you are afraid, please cutie, let me in as before, just like over Skype" she scratched her head and looked down, "what was that quote from les miserables, ah yes, truth is given by God to us all in our time, in our turn" she seemed pleased with her answer. "If you are going to treat me like a child, not like your wife then what are we doing?, maybe the people who said 'you can't have a relationship online were right" my voice turned angry, "cutie-" "don't, don't call me that, not until you explain why you are in pain", "no, no I won't, you know what I don't like your tone, that is
my personal information, and if I feel like sharing it, I will". "It looks as though they were right" I stood up, walked toward the door and left not looking back.