X

[161002]

Sophia walks out of the building of her fiance's company, head down to avoid some interviewers that are trying to get questions answered about the company's new product. She manages to get to her car unnoticed. Sophia backs out of the parking lot and drives off onto the highway to get home. Sophia has told Ethan about the cafe and he was completely fine with it. So, she packed up the things in her office, said goodbye to her co-workers, and left.

Once Sophia reached her street where their penthouse is located, she turns and drives to the cafe with the "help wanted" sign which isn't very far away. Sophia parks her car in an empty space and gets out. She locks the car and starts to walk towards the entrance of the cafe.

"Sophia!" Whipping her head around, Sophia tries to pinpoint the direction of the voice. A tall and muscly man running up to her with a red rose in hand. It's Shawn. Sophia turns back around, rushing towards the doors that are so close yet so far away. Shawn clasps his free hand on her forearm, not allowing her to slip away.

"I want you to stop with all the romantic gestures, Shawn. Just because I forgave you, it doesn't mean that we're going to get back together." Sophia sighs, looking down at her shoes, trying to avoid looking into the sweet, brown orbs that belong to her ex-lover. He sighs in response and nods.

"That's fine, Sophia. I just— You know what? Here's a rose. I still love you and I want you to know that." Shawn hands the flower to Sophia, dashing off after. Her jaw drops at the suddenness of Shawn's actions. Sophia observes the flower and she absolutely doesn't want to admit that it's the prettiest rose she's ever seen, though that's hard. Snapping out of it, she brings it into the cafe, deciding to dump it after.

+

"On StarNews today, we have news on Vine-famous singer, Shawn Mendes, the Kardashian who started it all, Kim Kardashian, and lastly, your favorite actress/singer, Ariana Grande." Ethan turns up the volume on the TV, interested in what the news is for today. Sophia leans further into his chest, not intent on listening to any news about Shawn. She pulls out her phone and checks her Instagram. Double-tapping through everything, she misses the news about Shawn until she hears her name. Both her and Ethan's ears perk up and they rewind.

"Fans reported that they saw their idol, Shawn Mendes, giving a single rose to who they think is his ex-girlfriend, Sophia Mason outside of a cafe. After leaving the cafe, the fans followed her and watched as she threw the rose away. Later on, Shawn posted a picture of his notebook. The caption and lyrics written on the pages say, 'Will you let it die or let it grow?' Well, that's all we have on Shawn—"

Sophia changes the channel, a frown etched in her face. Ethan looks at her, eyebrows knitted together, somewhat upset with the situation. "Sophia, do I need to go and talk with him? I know you two dated but that was years ago." Ethan shakes his head, sighing.

"No, I told him off. It's fine, Ethan." Sophia goes back to Instagram, deciding to go through her direct messages and block the haters who have just finished watching the report on StarNews.

ssshawn.mendesss:
shawn mendes

Will you let it die or let it grow?-Sophia, is this post for you?

-
Sophia, is this post for you?

Sophia stares in shock at the post from Shawn. She frowns once again at the star who's dropping pounds of unwanted talk and drama on top of her. Sophia doesn't want people to hate on her once again. Finally being able to live the perfect life that she's been wanting for so long, Sophia just can't afford for it to be wrecked by the media and killer fans. It's not Ethan that would do anything, she's sure, but it's been a few long and happy years without her fading depression stopping that.

[161014]

Shortest chapter ever and i know i know omg I'm sorry. I guess this is just another filler?? I honestly don't know how I'm gonna go about this plot and how I'm going to write the story in general so that's probably really bad. I should get that fixed lmao

But anyways school is just wrecking my life :)))) K, I'm just gonna be straight out honest with you, I'm so young I'm only in 8th grade but you know what? It's okay. It's okay. But school is not okay, okay??? I'm taking Algebra 1 and I'm trying so hard to earn that high school credit bc i feel like I would be failing myself and also my parents if I don't pass algebra 1. I like the idea of being smart and getting into geometry a year before the rest of my graduating class. BUT GUYS OKAY WTF THE OTHER MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHES GEOMETRY LIKE WTF????? Okay well, whatever, enough about my life!!!

Thank you for reading my amazing and beautiful camel/whale! Please leave comments on your thoughts about this chapter or this book!

-Anna