Rendezvous

Diesel's POV
I cross my arms involuntarily as I wait. Anxiousness runs through me like a bad form of adrenaline. My eyes narrow as that anxious nervous feeling grows. My fist clenches and unclenches nervously.

Meeting with these guys is the same as playing with fire.

I continue to wait in the still, silent night. My advanced sight allows me to see through the penetrating darkness. Not a single point of light can be seen. The shapes and forms of trees can still be seen, but the clouds above block out the pinpoints of starlight.

I hear the vehicle before I see its headlights. The motor growls as it comes closer. Before long, the headlamps begin to blind me. Raising my hand to guard my eyes, I start to slowly wonder if this is the right thing to do.

Garret's denials and refusals as to why he did not meet these people stab at my mind.

I shove my doubt aside. It's a weakness that I don't need right now.
The black sedan stops thirty feet ahead of my position. A descending mist is highlighted by the bright headlights aimed at me. The doors open all at the same time. The lights' glare shadows the figures.

I hold my ground as they come forward in my direction. The plain scent of newly washed clothes and deodorant meet me. Something I did not expect.

My body hasn't moved an inched so far. Arms still crossed, I take two steps forward.

I'm sure that they can see my face well, but their faces are still shadowed. I can't tell if they're surprised that a teenage boy met them or not.

Finally, one of them speaks.
"Are you him? Garret Summers?"

I shrug, "I guess so."

This is a decision I will likely regret later. I'm sure I'll have plenty of people be mad at me for it too.

But letting Mr.Wilks be held captive and have no one come to save him was a thought I could not stand to think of.

I have told no one I would be out here. There was no point. My brother would have denied it and Ash would have insisted on coming along. Olivia definitely would have come without a doubt and this would only put her at risk. Felicity, well, she's too young for everything that has happened so far.

When I made the decision to come out here, I knew it was risky. The moment I left the hotel, shifted, and flew out here I knew that this could all end badly.

__________________________

Twenty minutes pass by before the vehicle stops. I am sitting between two men inside the sedan. Not a word has been said to me yet. I haven't dared to try conversing with them.

There is a certain darkness in the air. I can feel it. I've felt this before. Weeks ago when Olivia and I encountered Takolize and his goons I sensed the evil then. A harsh sharp sensation seems to float in the air whenever evil is nearby.

Of course, I don't share this fact with anyone I know because I've always assumed it wasn't a big deal.

The sedan has stopped outside some sort of large building. All four doors open and then the men around me get out. Instinctively, I exit the vehicle as well.

"Follow us." A man says flatly and turns to walk toward the building.

The rest of the men trail after me as if I might decide to make a run for it. My eyes have already taken in the surroundings. The built-in night vision helps me to scope out the region. The building ahead of us is long and looks to have mutiple loading docks for tractor trailers. Not a single light is shinning. There is no breeze to be detected