Troubleshooting

It's been two full hours since we've returned to the hotel. Diesel hasn't said a word since due to the fact he's asleep in the boy's hotel room. We all know he's been through a lot and requires some well needed rest.

We left him alone in the room to rest. When we went back out into the hallway I got what was coming to be. Garret chastised me hard. He and Alex's team member had a real talk with me about how I had gone against what they told me to do. They had been giving me some leniency by letting me even come along, but then I got involved and that is where I went wrong. Though by the end of the whole talk they gave me some credit for actually being able to hold my own and find Diesel.

Right now everyone has decided to congregate in my room. At the moment Felicity and Ash are sitting on the couch near the balcony. Alex's team remains standing, except for Neil who is on the floor crosslegged typing away on his laptop. Garret sits on the edge of one of the beds talking with Mr.Wilks.

Thankfully the aged professor is alright. Not a scratch is on him, and surprisingly he seems unfazed by being kidnapped. Mr.Wilks is more worried about Diesel than anything else.

"And that's when it was confirmed that Diesel was taken." Garret finishes explaining how we had found a black unicorn horn in a box.

Mr.Wilks scratches his chin, "May I see the horn?"

I nod and go to retrieve it. The horn is still inside its box. I couldn't stand to look at the container itself so I slid it under the bed.

Alex's team has been whispering among themselves for the past few minutes. A worried look is being passed amongst them.

When I stand up with the box in my hands, Anada comes up to me saying, "We have some bad news. Our boss has just assigned us a new mission and it's pretty urgent. My team and I have to leave right away."

I lay the box on the bed and my attention leaves it, "Really? I hate to hear that. I was hoping you could hang around longer."

Anada nods solemnly, "I hoped so too. Especially with these guys still on the loose. It's not safe to be here." Turning to look at the rest of us she says, "I advise that you all return home before these people target you again. Mr.Wilks, since they know where you live I warn that you not to stay there."

It is a huge disappointment to hear they are leaving. They can't help it, but we could really use their aid. Plus, secretly I wanted to see Anada shift again, excluding the fire part.

Elias comes up to Anada and wraps his arm around her. The rest of Alex's team say a quick goodbye and are first to leave the room. The two of them, Elias and Anada, exit the hotel room last. I follow them out.

Surprisingly, Anada turns toward me, "You remind me a lot of myself when I was your age, Olivia."

I stutter in shock, "Real-really?"

Elias smiles toward Anada as if recalling a distant memory.

Anada goes on, "Yeah, I admire you for putting aside all means to go find Diesel. Though I caution that you should bring along a partner next time you head into danger."

I can't help but smile at the remark.

I grow serious, "Thank you for what you've done. You and your teammates helped us and I have no way to repay you for that."

Anada puts her hand on my shoulder, "It's what I do. Knowing that I have helped is my goal. I don't do this job for the money, I do it for what it accomplishes."

With one last sincere thank you from me and a final wave from them, the two quickly walk down the hall and into the elevator. When the doors close I start to wonder if I'll ever see the dragonshifter again.