Advancement

Back to Olivia's POV...

"Here. Eat something, Olivia." Felicity shoves a granola bar into the palm of my hand.

I take it and put it in my pocket, "Thanks."

"I meant for you to eat that." She growls.

I ignore her.

So far Alex and his teammates have been steadily at work tracing down where Diesel may have been taken.

"Is there anything else that could help us locate your brother or Mr.Wilks?" The one with the laptop asks Garret.

I turn to Garret and expect for him to answer with a no, but surprisingly he replies, "There is something. I can search my professor's office at the college. Maybe I can find something there. The college is closed right now. I'm certain that I can get in without causing trouble though."

Alex adds, "How soon can you do this?"

"This minute. If I leave right now, I can get back within an hour." Garret replies.

I hear the jingling of keys then I hear Garret ask, "Ash? Olivia? You coming?"

I stutter, "I didn't think-"

"Well, you thought wrong. Now let's go."

I jump up from my seat and follow after Garret who is already out the door. Felicity starts to follow, but I stop her.

"Stay here." I command.

She raises an eyebrow, "Why? I want to help you guys."

I smile down at Felicity, "I know, but the fewer the people the faster it will go."

"Oh... okay."

I squeeze her shoulder assuringly, "I'll be back soon. You'll be fine here. Alex's team seems cool."

From the corner of my eye I see Anada glance my way. She knew I was referring to her.

"I'll be back soon."

I don't wait for a response. My legs take me down the hall and to the vacant stairwell. Garret and Ash have already taken in the elevator. I'll just have to sprint down the stairs to make up time.

Once I reach the bottom of the stairwell I head toward the double glass doors. Apparently, I am having a case of tunnel vision, because I collide with another person.

"I am so sorry." I stutter as I step back.

The other person looks to be a guy around my age with bright blonde hair and broad shoulders, "Eh, it's alright."

My eyes focus on his and I have to keep speaking to not stare mystified at him, "Are you sure?"

His eyes! They're red!

The irises of his eyes have a rusty, brown hue. It's definetly not normal and it takes all I have to not stare straight at his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm sure. We all get excited when we're on vacation. It's no big deal." He shrug carelessly and walks off in the direction he had been heading in.

That was strange...

When I finally get down to the parking lot, Garret and Ash are already in the Camaro. Luckily, Ash got in the backseat. I hop into the passenger's seat.

A few minutes later we're heading down the road. My mind keeps telling me that the wrong person is driving. It should be Diesel over there, not Garret.

"We won't be freely allowed onto campus. So we'll have to find a way inside." Garret interrupts the silence.

Ash leans in between us, "Are you saying that we are going to break in?"