Issues

Diesel's POV

Ash is shaking me awake and I want nothing more than to the shove him aside so that I can sleep.

"You need to see this, Diesel. We've got a problem."

It's all he has to say to make me sit up straight in bed. Ash steps back at my sudden awakening, but ignores that fact as he starts rambling on.

"Olivia needs us in her room immediately. She said that some dude contacted her last night, and there is something we need to discuss."

I swallow and my voice cracks dryly, "Is that all she told you?"

Ash nods then says, "Hey, you gonna be alright, man?"

I shrug and get up to change into a different pair of clothes. I don't even feel as if I've rested at all. It's as if I never slept. Hiding the fact that my body is exhausted isn't easy with three other people in the room.

Ash is already prepared for the day and is eagerly standing beside the door. Garret is chugging down a cup of coffee. Though I doubt he needs it due to shifter strength. Mr.Wilks is vigourously writing something on a notepad.

Once I'm changed and the others are ready we walk down the hall to Felicity and Olivia's room. My fist is clenched so tight that my fingernails dig into my palm. It's the only thing keeping me from crumbling to the floor and leaning against the wall. Even with my fist clenched tightly I can feel tendrils of weakness throughout my body. Not just weakness from being tired, but from something much deeper.

The hotel room opens before we get there and Felicity is the one opening it. Usually, a smile is plastered across her face, but today she has a somber expression written across her features.

Back during school, I was the teacher's aid for her third grade class. She was and still is the smartest kid in the class. There wasn't a single time I saw her frown. I may have heard a few whispered complaints, but she has the positivity of a butterfly.

We all file into the hotel room. I go straight to Olivia to ask what's wrong. Her sister's mood is mirrored on her face.

"What happened? Ash said some man contacted you last night. Are you alright?"

Olivia nods, "Yeah, I'm fine. It's what he had to tell me that is the problem."

Garret comes up from behind, "You should have woken us last night."

Olivia turns to my brother, "It had been a long day. We all needed rest. Plus, there wouldn't have been anything we could do about the situation anyway."

Mr.Wilks speaks next, "Tell us what this man told you."

Olivia grabs my hand and squeezes gently, "I don't have to. He's coming to tell you himself."

"What? Olivia, this man could be dangerous." Garret starts.

Olivia stops him, "We literally have five shapeshifters in this room. If we can't protect ourselves from one dude then we have a problem."

I hear Ash grumble quietly, "This is what it feels like to be the only human in a group of shapeshifting people."

We all jump when a knock resounds from the hotel door. Garret stops Olivia from going to the door herself.

Before my brother starts making his way to the door, Mr.Wilks adds in, "I don't mean to rush us, but we still need to go to my house this morning to find something to help aid Diesel."

"We definitely won't forget that." Garret replies then makes his way towards the door, pausing to look through the peep hole.

After a few tense seconds, my brother opens the door. We stare at the older teenager standing outside. He looks to be a year or two older than I am. The guy has light colored skin and blond hair.