Unstoppable

Back to Olivia's POV...

I silently stare out the window with my arms crossed. The early morning sun brightly glitters off of the ocean below me.

Everything inside me feels dark though. Maybe I should have tried to leave the hotel last night and attempted to carry out the plan I had formed in my mind. Maybe I could have saved Mr.Wilks. Thoigh that opportunity is long gone by now.

I feel horrible for not trying harder, but something else is nagging at the back of my mind. It's as if I should be aware of something else bad that has happened as well.

My head turns to look at the sleeping form of my sister. So innocent. It might have been a good thing that I stayed here instead of trying to be a heroine and going to save Mr.Wilks alone.

I'm about to start packing my clothes together. Then I'm cut short as someone bangs on my hotel room door. Eyeing the door suspiciously, I approach slowly.

"It's Garret."

Relieved, I open the door and let him come inside. Garret looks distressed and appears to be restless.

"What's up?" I ask worried.

He turns to me, "What time did you and Diesel come back from walking on the beach last night?"

I don't answer for a few seconds then I say slowly to him, "Garret, we didn't go on a walk last night. When I left your room he met me in the hallway. We talked for a while then that was it."

"No, no, no." Garret runs his hands through his hair.

I make eye contact with him, "What's wrong?"

"I haven't seen Diesel all morning. He never came back to the room last night. He said you two were going on a walk. Plus, he left his phone." Garret explains.

My eyes widen, "You don't think he...?"

Garret nods with furrowed eyebrows, "I think he did. Diesel would do something like that."

My mind shuts down. Diesel looks just like his brother, but younger. Of course he would try to go save Mr.Wilks. That's why Diesel was acting so peculiar last night.

How could I have been so blind to not see his intentions? I should have seen the signs. I was too distracted to see that he was going to take the risk.

"And he isn't back either. Something bad must've happened." I gasp my realization.

Garret winces as if he doesn't want to accept the fact.

My eyes start to blur as tears fill them, "Garret, he's not back. Diesel isn't here. They have him."

I have to stop myself from breaking down. There is no telling where Diesel is right now or if he is alright.

What happened to him last night?

"What's wrong?" My sister asks groggily.

I glance back see he just now waking up. I'm surprised she hasn't already woken till now.

I smile, "Nothing." I whisper to Garrer, "Outside."

We both step out into the hallway. I let the door click shut behind me even though it means I'm locked out. I will tell Felicity later what has happened, but not when she first wakes up.

"What are we going to do?" I prod at Garret.

Luckily, Ash is coming down the hall toward us.

Garret sighs, "First, we need to check around the hotel incase we aren't mistaken. He might be here and we're getting scared for no reason."