Ⓟⓡⓞⓛⓞⓖⓤⓔ

Germany, 1560.

"I know it's just for political reasons, but at least we've met before. He's kind, and handsome-"

"I don't care" Zayn cuts his half-sister off then sighs when she pouts.

"Why couldn't I get another sister?" she mumbles.

Zayn rolls his eyes and looks outside the little window of their carriage. They stop and both frown sharing a look. Zayn was about to open the door and see what's wrong when someone approaches the carriage and a sword is launched at their direction.

"Duck!" he yells as he reaches for his own sword, pushing the door open with his foot. The man stumbles backwards and he takes his chance of jumping off the carriage and stabbing the man in his chest.

"Why is there bandits here?" he turns to another one attacking him, skillfully avoiding the hit and manages to get his sword through the man's body.

"This road was supposed to be guarded" his friend, also considered as one of the king's loyal guards, Niall, answers. "Which means-" he swings his sword too to slaughter a bandit that came from behind Zayn, "That the guards are dead"

They hear a scream and they both turn quickly. Tiana, Zayn's half-sister, and princess of Germany, is held by one of the bandits.

"Drop your sword!" Zayn shouts, "Let her go!"

"Your treaty with the English is a mistake!" The bandit shouts back and brings a knife to Tiana's neck as she starts crying.

Niall moves fast behind the bandit and Zayn drops his sword slowly to show that he means the man no harm. "Let her go, and you will be rewarded" he tries calmly.

The bandit shakes his head and spots Niall as he turns his head to look for him. Niall stops in his track once he sees the knife touching Tiana's neck, but Zayn charges forward quickly. The bandit is clearly startled and Niall manages to get the knife off his hands while Zayn pushes Tiana behind him.

The bandit kicks Niall and tries to punch Zayn, bare-handed, but fails as Zayn jumps back. Another cry of pain is heard from behind him and he looks back startled.

Niall manages to get his sword through the other side of the man's body and he falls to the ground. He quickly goes to Zayn as he kneels to the ground next to Tiana.

"She's bleeding, Niall!" Zayn shouts and turns to him.

"Holy god" Niall mumbles as he reaches for the sword that is now inside Tiana's body and pulls it away. Apparently, they killed someone and his sword was angled to face upwards, and Tiana got stabbed when Zayn pushed her back to avoid that bandit's hit.

They take her quickly back into the carriage and head for a doctor they find in the nearest town to them, Goslar.

The doctor checks on her quickly as they put her carefully on the bed. She pants for a short time before it completely stops.

"Tiana, no. Please, no, no. God, no!" Zayn mumbles as he holds her hand, but it's so cold and her eyes close. He cries into her side as Niall stands in silence along with the doctor. He allows Zayn to have his moment then drags him to the side.

"Without the princess, there is no treaty" Niall reminds him. It's more of an alliance. Her marriage was going to aid their country. "If the king knew she died, he'll beheads us both" Niall shakes his head.

Zayn takes in a shaky breath, "You expect me to run away? She was my sister, Ni!" he whisper shouts.

"Do you want to die for your mistake? Even if we ran away they'll find us and kill us" Niall sighs. "They can't know"

"They're expecting her arrival at the port!"

"Then I'll manage a messenger. Tell them that it'll be delayed for a while"

Zayn stares at him in disbelief. "What are you buying time for? We can't revive her!"

Niall looks over him twice, "No. But we can replace her"

🌟

A/N

So ... I've been watching Reign lately, and it's honestly so good. It's my main inspiration for this fic! It's not the same, I'm not following the events, or any real events, really. It's mainly my imagination. But I did look up for some stuff, and I will use some references, trying to be accurate as possible.

I feel bad for starting something new when my other fics aren't done, but they will soon, which means that, yes, I am currently writing them as well.

It's a Zarry. I guess I don't have to say why.

Hope you enjoy it! Feedbacks are always welcomed! Thank you for your time <3