Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ②

Zayn has been pacing back and forth inside his chamber for an hour since Harry had come and gave him men's clothes. He didn't wear them though, they still can't risk anyone knocking on his door.

So far, the plan is for him to go with some of Harry's men alone, leaving the ladies and Niall behind to not be suspicious, Niall would follow him later on, and the ladies would go back to their respective houses. Once he's out of the castle safely, Harry would explain the situation to his parents. They would say an imposter –other than Zayn, but rather a girl– claimed to be Tiana and that they'd take care of the situation from there in order not to have more issues between the two countries. News of Zayn's death along with Tiana would be sent, at the original accident place, so England won't be the one to blame.

Harry returns to Zayn's room at their selected appointment and locks the door behind him.

"Okay" Harry walks closer to him, "Everything is settled. There are secret passages that are connected everywhere around the castle. There's one ..." he leads Zayn to a wall and knocks on it then waits until the wall opens like a hidden door and a guard is there, "This will lead you outside. You can change quickly now"

Zayn nods and he's more than happy to be back in men's clothes again. Feels more like himself.

"Um ... Can you?" Zayn asks nervously for Harry to untie the laces at the back of his dress and his corset. His ladies would be the one normally doing it, but since they are not here, he can't do it on his own.

Harry moves closer and does what Zayn asks, then stepping back and waiting next to his guard for Zayn to finish.

Zayn turns once he's done to find both watching him. If that was weird enough, Zayn doesn't comment on it, just clears his throat while approaching them causing them to blink a few times. The guard steps back into the tunnel, a candle in hand to light their way.

"Have a safe trip" Harry calls behind him as he closes the secret door.

Zayn follows behind the guard in silence until they're outside. There are two horses waiting for them and Zayn's brows furrow. That's it?

"We don't want to attract anyone" the guard explain and his voice is familiar, but he's wearing a cape, similar to Zayn, and with the shadow of the night, Zayn can't see his face. He just nods getting on his horse while the other guard rides his and they move outside the castle doors.

They ride for a while, entering the woods for a cover then the man in front of him stops suddenly making Zayn stop his horse as well.

Something in his mind tells him when the guard turns to him that the plan Harry told him isn't exactly to get him safe. But to rather kill him. Given the circumstances that he's unarmed, and there won't be anyone asking about him either. He narrows his eyes, already ready to turn around and run if the guard tried anything.

"Something is wrong" the guard tells him, and he doesn't move, so Zayn doesn't as well. He puts a finger on his mouth motioning for Zayn to keep quiet when they hear voices around them. The guard descends slowly from his horse, a hand on his sword ready to attack as he walks further than Zayn. Zayn still doesn't move, not trusting his actions even if he moved away.

The guard hides behind a tree waiting for whoever comes close then pulling his sword out.

"Wait! It's us, Liam!" one of the men shouts. Zayn has met Liam before, that's why he recognized his voice. "The ship's been shot down, along with other men" Zayn can notice some blood on their clothes, the moonlight is slightly passing through the trees making his vision clearer. "The French reached Weymouth and were spotted at Eastbourne as well. So far, the German's army is holding them. We can handle the few who sneaked here, but if we don't have the German's support in the sea, we're done for!"