Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ①⓪

The castle is rather calm the last couple of days and Zayn knows why, he just wants it to end quickly. It's been lonely too, with Niall being the only one approaching him. His ladies didn't like what he did, and he didn't want to pressure them, they just needed time. That's why he's sitting next to the window in his room playing with his hair, dressed in his sleeping gown still, face and mind clean. It's about time he thinks of his country.

The door opens and he sees one of his ladies coming through it. Her gazes isn't friendly still.

"The king is requesting your presence at his room" Elma informs him. Well, seems like Harry is in a good shape to talk, or that he worked his mind to see that Zayn had a hand in it.

Elma turns to leave, "You're not going to help me prepare?" He asks quietly.

"I thought you're able to handle yourself pretty well" She faces him, face blank.

"It's your duty"

"No" She narrows her eyes at him, "My duty was to serve Princess Tiana, and she is long gone" She spits at him.

"Your duty is to serve the queen of Germany. And last time I checked, that's me"

She stares at him, nervous posture while he's calm and still playing with his hair, tone is quiet and smooth. "You don't even regret it. Do you?"

Zayn pauses, staring back at her, and slowly turns in his seat to face her fully. "I did what's best for my country, for me, and my people. If I didn't make a move they'd have my head cut instead. We would lose our country along with our lives"

"You could have chosen another punishment other than death!" She yells.

"They threatened me! And I did not do it with my own hands! I simply chose the best alternative! It was going to happen anyway!"

"But you knew!"

"You don't understand!" Zayn shouts back. "Royals are pawns to politics" He says more calmly, "Our hands are never clean. We are not pure. This is the price we pay for landing such a high role, and I didn't even ask for it" He leans back and exhales slowly, "If I had a choice I would have never even be here and you know it" Elma sighs and looks down. "Go. I'll handle myself" He turns back towards the window and she hesitates for a moment before turning on her heels and leaving.

Zayn takes a deep breath knowing it's hard to be dressed by himself, but he has done it before so he gets up.

🌟

He picks a simple look that doesn't require too much time to slip in. A brown A-line dress, halter top with the fabric shaped as roses at the neckline, his hair is let down his shoulders, split from the side to form side bangs with a golden hair band.

He sees Louis getting out of Harry's room and he wants to ask him what was that about or just ask him how is Harry but Louis only glances his way before turning to the other side and walking away. Zayn narrows his eyes at his back because he doesn't know what Louis told Harry or what the latter wants from him. Alright, no, he knows what Harry is going to ask and he already has his answers.

So he takes a deep breath and the guard outside the door knocks first before getting in and informing Harry of his presence. Okay, he doesn't like the formalities. The guard then nods at him and Zayn steps in. He sees Harry on his father's desk, a glare in his red eyes, pale skin covering his face as he stares at Zayn who doesn't even change his expression as he comes to stand in front of him.

"That day ... When you rode out of the castle" Harry starts quietly, "You knew there are people coming for me"

"I did" Zayn simply replies.