Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ①②

Zayn doesn't know if he should consider this day peaceful, but there's on one bothering him, no one acknowledging him if he's being honest, and he wonders if this how Harry used to feel when he was in Germany.

Neglected.

The girls chatter and laughs don't soothe his mood, and it doesn't help at all when all they talk about is none of his interests.

"I mean, what's the difference if she's a virgin or not? I don't understand men sometimes"

"Well-" Zayn starts and Elma holds a finger up.

"Did we ask for your opinion?"

"You asked-"

"We don't need a man's opinion" Giselle rolls her eyes and Zayn sighs, leaning back again on the soft pillows, and picking up an apple. At least his appetite is still present. He sees the girls standing up and he just looks at them, mouth busy chewing.

"We'll take a walk around, wanna join us?" Hylda asks.

"To hop around and pick some roses while we talk about dresses and handsome men?" Zayn smiles sweetly and bats his lashes, "No" He sighs again, face returning to its neutral state and the girls shrug and walk away. He closes his eyes and allows the sun's warmth to engulf him.

"Still not going to properly sit like a queen?" Zayn opens his eyes to see Liam smiling at him.

"I am sitting properly like a queen" Liam shakes his head and keeps looking down at him, and Zayn hates it because he has to tilt his head up and squint against the sun. "Why did you leave the castle? Did Harry order me back?"

"No, I just heard you went out alone with your ladies, and ..." He looks around, "You probably need someone by your side. For safety"

"I can hold my own" Zayn rolls his eyes.

"With a sword" Liam continues and Zayn sighs, sitting up slightly.

"You're not even wearing your uniform"

Liam looks down at himself before nodding, "Yeah ..."

Zayn chuckles, "If you're going to join me, I won't mind. I'm actually missing some quality time with my friend. A man"

Liam glances around before he's sitting next to him, "I thought you and Niall are close?"

They are, but he's out with his ladies and he can't leave the castle unwatched. He can't tell Liam that though, so he shrugs.

"Doesn't mean I don't have other friends too" He smiles and Liam returns it. Zayn offers him the basket of fruits before Liam is leaning back more comfortably.

"The life you get is too spoiled. You should at least be thankful for that"

Zayn laughs bitterly, "Spoiled. Sure. I would trade that basket of fruits and those soft pillows for a normal life"

Liam gives him an apologetic smile, "Look at the bright side ... It's a lovely weather today. The fresh air must cool you down a bit"

Zayn shakes his head, "The air in England would never feel fresh to me, Liam. I feel suffocated"

"Maybe because you want it to be like that"

"What does that suppose to mean?"

"It means that maybe you're turning everything black on your own. Try to relax for a moment, Zayn. Maybe this" He motions around him, "Is meant for you to see thing differently?"

"See things differently?" Zayn scoffs.

"We don't mean you harm. Harry means you no harm"

Zayn raises his brows, "He has a hand on my throat, and my country's destiny lays between his hands, and you want me to think differently?!" Liam sighs, staring at him for a moment and Zayn shakes his head, "You're his friend. Of course you'd say that"