Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ④

Photo edit by waspzzz on Tumblr.

  🌟  

"What am I getting ready for? Shouldn't I just stay here until they come back?"

Hylda rolls her eyes, "You have to get ready everyday. You can't be seen as Zayn. And also because there are some guests coming today, and apparently there is some sort of a big set up for them"

Zayn knits his brows in confusion, "We're basically at war on the borders ..."

"Yes, well ... I don't really know other than this dress would look lovely on you" she smiles while Zayn sighs.

The door opens and Elma walks in, "There are many handsome nobles entering the castle and you're here?" then she turns to Zayn and smiles, "The curls look perfect!" the rest of the girls giggle and Zayn just sighs again.

🌟

The first person Zayn spots is Louis. He seems content to some extent while he maneuvers between the men with a drink in hand.

"I see you're enjoying your time at court while your men are fighting for their lives" he goes for a smile that Louis reacts with a bitter one.

"I see you're feeling no regrets over the reason why they are"

"Don't blame me for what you started!" Zayn spits back. "And it's not like I can go over to help them, which why are you still here?"

"Unlike you. I can actually be useful" Louis sets his drink aside, "I was asked by the king himself to make sure this castle is safe while he's not around, which I will do" he takes a step closer, "Might as well keep your hands off that matter if you truly know what's best for you" he steps back again with a smirk, "You should go greet our guests. There are Irish lords. And they don't like Germans very much" he says as he walks backwards leaving Zayn behind. Again.

Despite what Louis just told him, he can't lock himself in his room all day, like his ladies said, it'll show a sigh on weakness that he's not in need of right now. And he's not bowing to Louis even if he's currently responsible alongside the queen. Especially when he's alongside her. He takes a deep breath, puts on a smile and enters the hall to greet the Irish guests.

"Gentlemen, I hope you're enjoying your stay at court" three men turns to him when he approaches them and he isn't quite comfortable with the looks he's receiving but he doesn't allow it to show on his face, "It's nice to know that our allies are showing their gratitude in time of our crises. We highly appreciate it"

"You're that German princess! You're not our ally!"

"The Germans are allies to the English, and any side would be mutual eventually" Zayn quickly replies.

"Mind join us then for a good time later, princess?" someone shouts from across the room making the men surrounding him laugh. Zayn fights the urge to take off his heels, grab a sword and kill them all.

"I'm sure it's not the first time" Louis' voice echoes from the other side making their laughter go louder.

"Lay a hand on her and I'll chop it" Zayn notices one of the men that he was standing with stepping closer, but luckily Niall at his side.

"I think that's enough with the jokes for now" the queen walks towards him with a smile and a nod to the men. She turns to the man Niall is holding and whispers, "Don't try to mess with a royal if you value your life" then she pulls Zayn away.

"Not sure if I should thank you for that, giving the fact that you don't even like me" Zayn whispers to her.

"Darling, I care for our reputation not yours, and as long as I'm here, this court will not witness a shameless scene" she says and walks away.