Imagine: Scott Summers

Requested by @cecilia_belives

~~

"Good morning, Cecilia," Professor Xavier greets you as he stops his chair. "Did you have a good night sleep?"

You nod with a smile, and you yawn after that, covering your mouth. "Good, it was good, Professor," you answer, closing your room's door.

The professor frowns slightly at your tiredness. "I assume that you are still tired? It seems that you're lack of sleep," he states, not literally watching you rubbing your eyes.

You shake your head quickly. "Oh no, professor, I'm fine," you lie, remembering that you were crashed to his school at night as you were chased by some bad guys at town. You were tired, given a room, and fell asleep as soon as your body hit the bed.

Sure you're lying but the professor knows it.

He chuckles. "Come on, my dear, I'll give you a short tour around. Shall we?" he nods his bald head sideways, and you gladly nod, following him by his side as he wheels away.

You both chat about random things as he shows you the first floor around. His office, the kitchen, the dining hall, the front hall, some classes and dormitories. Then you find a group of boys jogs along a corridor in attempt to get into their classes on time.

Professor Xavier smiles. "Ah, what a coincidence. Scott!" He calls out, and a boy with ruby red glasses stops and turns around. "Scott, would you come over here, please?"

The brown haired boy glances at his friends and speaks a few words before coming over you and the professor.

"Cecilia, may I introduce you to one of my finest students, Scott Summers. Scott, this is Cecilia, she's new here, and I hope you both will get along very well," the professor kindly introduces you both.

It doesn't even need a second for you being curious about what's the glasses for. Scott is wearing a red shirt with a jacket over it, some khaki pants and a pair of new shoes. He has his hands on his hips as he takes a deep breath, waving a little at you then.

"Hey," he simply greets.

"Cecilia." You were out of the grid until Professor Xavier has to call you via mind.

Your eyes lit up, as you return to the reality. "OH yeah, uh sorry, I was distracted," you fake chuckle, tucking a strand of your blonde hair behind your ear nervously. "Hi to you too, Scott."

"Uh yeah," Scott awkwardly nods, turning to Xavier. "What can I do for you, professor?"

"Well I hope that you can show Cecilia the rest of the school for me. I have a class right now, and I can't make the students waiting, can I?"

Scott whistles lowly, but nodding his head anyway. "Oh yeah, okay- I mean, sure. But what about the chemical class?"

"Oh you don't worry about that Scott, you have my permission. And as for you, my dear Cecilia, you won't be in classes today, which means you will start tomorrow. I'd be better off now. Good morning," Professor Xavier smiles at you both, before wheels away and out of sight.

"Come on, to the next floor," Scott nods to the stairs, throwing you a quick smile. And before you know it, you return the same gesture.

You and Scott talk to each other as if you guys are best friends already. After you finished the inside tour, you guys head outside to an open area, near a small lake.

"So I catched you staring at me earlier," Scott states, making you frown. After thinking twice of what he spoke about, you finally realize.

"Mhm, it was your glasses, actually," you answer, stopping your pace as he does. "I was just wandering what makes you wearing that ruby red thing," you say walking around so you're standing in front of him.

Scott raises his eyebrows. "Oh yeah this," he adjust the glasses a little, "it prevents my power to blast out — prevents me to destroy everything."

"Really?"

"Really," he answers flatly, then points across the lake to a space where there used to be a tree, "see there, that's because of me," you look to where he points at, "I blasted off professor's favorite tree until it fell."

You chuckle. "No way."

"Actually I did. Accidentally," he says, glancing down at his shoes.

"Then I wanna see it," you say, being curious of his power. You're kinda sure that by the keyword 'blast' that he mentioned, his power is a laser that shot out from his eyes.

Scott's expression flattened, afraid of what his power might cause. Of course he doesn't want to cause another accident again. "No you can't, Cecilia. You can't see it. I already told you that it destroys everything, so it's necessary if it's really necessary," he replies with a slight stern tone, "I don't wanna show off."

You sigh deeply, not getting disappointed of his answer but your decision to show your power first to him so he won't be afraid.

"Everyone has fears, Scott," you say, picking a small flower and spit on it, "but sometimes we don't have to be afraid to hide our fear." Slowly but surely, a greenish smoke rises up from the flower as it melts because of the acid you spat earlier.

Scott seems surprised at that, and he begins to gain trusts.

"Do you trust me?" you put a hand on his shoulder, reassuring him. A moment later you watch his bright, red optic beam shot across the sky, and even though it was only for two seconds, it satisfies you much.

>> Time skip

You are now Scott's best friend now, besides his other female friends Jean, Jubilee, and Ororo. The three of them always saying things like 'you two should get together' and 'I ship you both'. Peter shouted 'just kiss already!' to you once.

One day, it magically happens.

"So... Scott? Have you done the homework that Professor Xavier gave to us two days ago?"

"Umm... Yeah, I guess."

"Can I copy yours? I'm too lazy. You know that right?" You chuckle, elbowing his side playfully. He nods, chuckling along with you.

And that's when somehow you tripped. Scott lands on his back, accidentally bringing you with him making you end up on his chest.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!" you apologize, trying to hide the redness on your cheek behind your messy curtains of hair. You push yourself up but you can't, not knowing that Scott has his grip on your waist.

"Nah, it's fine," he simply says, shaking his head taking a deep breath. His eyes are locked with your grayish blue ones, wondering about do you have the same feeling like him.

And in this very moment, in a fast motion, Scott holds your face in his hand and captures your lips in his. You respond with a slow motion kiss. After a moment he pulls away, finding you slowly smiling to yourself.

"You know what Scott, this is such a dramatic, awkward position, right?"

"Uh..." Scott looks around, "yeah...?"

"Wanna go somewhere?" You ask pushing yourself up and straighten your shirt.

"But don't we have a biology class after this?"

You nod, letting out a deep sigh. "Yeah I mean, after that," you grab his hand, helping him stand and intertwine your fingers with his. Then you both run in silence, with you still have the tingling feeling from the kiss.

~~

Hope you like it :)
Apologies if there's any typo