Chapter 4

Breathing in and out to calm my nerves I looked around the room I was in. It was very dusty and dirt covered for one thing. The other is if I was any taller I would be abusing my cranium. Continuing to study my surrounding I suddenly heard Anna's voice float among the walls of my mind. 'Oi! You should change into that dress over there in that pile of bundles! It will warm you better then these shredded bloodied rags. Anyway we will need to come to a plan of what to do about food. But because I devoured those vile human's souls we will be fine for about two months!' Her bubbly voice called out. I jumped in surprise and knocked my head on the ceiling. Surprisingly though is that it didn't hurt. I blinked in confusion as I studied the dent my head made. 'Pain tolerance is now on an extreme high that the only way you'll feel a tinkle is if you are to receive 'killing' blows.' She said simply while I just nodded dumbly to the invisible presence. I stood there awkwardly for a few more moments not knowing what to do. That is, until Anna took over the bottom half of my body to move me in front of the bundle's of cloth's clothing particles, and actual complete dresses.

    Taking full control again I bent over to pick a pretty white and light blue colored 'peasant' dress. Stripping from my bloody rags I put the dress on in a bit of trouble. Once on I studied how it flown down to my ankles simple and straight. No significant 'poof' to the waist that was common in this time. Proving further it is a 'commoners' dress ware even though it was farther high quality clothing in her time and had a bit more...complex stitch pattern. 'You like it?' Anna's voiced sounded out in curiosity. "Yes. It's the best and prettiest piece of clothing I have ever received. And worn." I said simply. It was true. This was the prettiest clothing she was ever allowed to wear. Along with in the best condition. 'Hm. I see. Well we should start making a plan on what to do once our two months are up. But first things first. We need to get control over our demonic instincts and hide our lovely ears and tails. While I knew how to hone my instincts being taught as a young little kitten. You on the other hand did not and were a human. So at the moment our control as one entity is shot as hell...' She paused for a moment to snicker. 'Anyway. Not only that but I'm going to need to get you to understand the differences in this time frame from the other. In the 1800's for one thing. Peasants, especially females are only able to work for pay in three maybe four 'professions'. The main ones though is sadly to those parlors, or to become sexy-sexy time toy.' 's-se-sexy-s-sexy t-time toy? W-what i-is that s-supposed t-to m-me-mean?' I questioned curiously. I felt her somehow stare at me like I was idiotic. 'You will know at some point...anyway those aren't exactly the ideal things to do. So we have an occupation that can either screw us over royally or be our saving grace!' She announced. 'W-which is?' 'A Maid!!' I fell to the floor at her answer. My heart thrummed in fear. 'W-w-what?!' 'A maid. Duh. One it will give us food, shelter, and money. Two depending what type of noble or mid-classmen you get you can get well-off. And three this is a usual occupation demons take for their mortal masters. Which will help you since even though I was in cat form since development—this type of work is easy. And even though our control over our demonic aspects is gone. This 'program' is inter-graded into our natural ways. It will always be of second nature to us. Just like survival and killing. Just a natural aspect to our kind.' Anna explained her voice still what you would think of a serene and attractive woman's. Soft and velvety. But it also sounded like she said everything with a purr. Giving her the seductive feeling. I sat back onto the bundles of blankets or make shift bed. And in a sudden flurry of want, I leaped across the room to the other side. For an odd reason trying to climb the stone walls. In another inspiration that came as fast as the other left I leaped back to the make shift bed curling up my tail slithering its way into my hands. And within seconds I fell to sleep.

~Anna~

I watched Anastasia unconsciously give into the cat like aspects of our species with a smile and a sweat drop. It was obvious we had a lot to work on. That and to try to find a 'master' to work for. And try to stay away from the higher level demons. There was a reason why the cat race has been cursed to be only in animal form unless finding our human counterpart. Thousands of years ago one of the 'fallens' the first cat demon. Done wrong to the ruler of hell. Forcing us to cast out and roam the human world or better known as 'The Grey' to us higher -or lower if you ask certain races- stronger beings. These lands are free to roam as long as you do not disrupt the 'Balance' as the Shinigami or Death Gods call it. That race is the enemy of the 'Divine' beings and the 'Sinned' beings. Keeping a silvery grey shade opposed to our inky black and those winged rats precious blinding white.

Well back to the 'getting control of our demonic powers' we still had eight weeks till needing to surface. Plenty of time to at least be able to learn to hid the ears, tail,  and nails. She would have said mouth but Anastasia could always pretend to be a mute and just keep her mouth shut which by the way the silent human has acted so far wouldn't be so hard...