Chapter 6

With a thumping headache Anastasia woke with a start. Cringing in pain she looked around in fear. The reason the still newly minted Halfling fell so easily from being heavily drugged? That exact reason. She was still a newly minted Halfling. While her external pain censors have dulled and her healing ability has gone to a level of a slightly weaker demon. Her internal pain censors, organs, and functioning has stay the same as a human minus every possible need for the bathroom, even though bathing sounded quite nice.

      The blonde looked around her dirty and stained cage in horror. The cement room was filled to the brim with metal bars, and cages. A shiver of fear en-lightened her entire being as faint memories of her time with her 'Aunt' and 'Uncle came to mind. At first she was in a similar setting. Before a guest stumbled upon her to find the wine cellar. That poor man was brutally killed by those people. Who were able to stage it as he fell down the stairs landing in their medieval dungeon that came with the house. And so she was moved to the attic behind a lock door with that key kept in the woman's under dress and the man's socks.

     Lightning of vast voltages flared across her skin giving her ghostly pain and shivers. The torture, the pain, the humiliation. They all broke her. Shattered her soul turning her into a puppet. Blind to the outside world. Never knowing anything else but the lies her 'family' concocted in their tainted ashy minds. She was one of the vast that was given the life of utter hell by their hands. They who said to worship god, angeletic beings, and all things 'holy'. Were sick minded, selfish people. People who's skin hid the souls of taint. But they along with the priest deemed them holy by the highest factor. So if the people who worship god, angels, and all 'holy' relics, does that make them the true evil? While the demon lord Lucifer, his demons, and all things 'unholy' actually good?

     What is good? If what they all say, all things 'holy' good then would that actually mean bad? What is 'unholy-ness' when it is bad. Would the entire thing be switched? Bad is good. And good is bad? Good; something that means to be desired or approved of, but doesn't it also mean a benefit or advantage to someone or something? If so is bad's definition hiding something? Bad; Second-rate, faulty, inferior, unwelcomed...Yet doesn't it seem it is too easy to be 'bad'? But so hard to be 'good'? If so wouldn't the beings that roam hell more accepting? While the 'all powerful being' be picky? Only accepting the ones who could represent his palace though their hearts are 'looking for the good' while their minds are completely screwed frontwards, back and to the side? Where insanity drives them to achieve enlightenment? While the great evil and scorn of all realms is the most accepting the most opened arms? Where he doesn't care for purity, for beauty, or being accepted to societies screwed and twisted world before death?'—'Anastasia!' 

    Anna's scream took the girl's mind out of her thoughts that seemed to try to answer one of the million dollar question's to their world. 'Anna?!' She yelled back in relief. Outside of her inner world two large men stood the crying blonde's body. They held chains loosely in their hands. Gruesome smirks lit their greasy faces. They were two of the drunks that took her. As her weakened and shaking form was grabbed and chained she was basically dragged out of the dark room. As they continued down the hall her sensitive hearing rang picking up the shrills of pain and misery coming from children. Children. Anna snarled from inside her partner's mind her hair rising as her fuchsia eyes burned in hatred. She has always had a soft side for the younglings. Not just for animals or fellow demons. But human's as well. The rusting metal door was pushed open with some resistance and what the 'two' saw made them ill. A little girl with long brown locks laid on a alter. Her eyes wide with pain and terror. Crimson water flowed from her lifeless form, iron scented rivers forming beneath her blending with many other's that suffered the same fate.

      Tears burned the corners of her eyes. How many children have suffered this cruel end? A choke prevented her from breathing correctly. By the chain she was shoved into a new cage. Her dress ripped, and heavily stained cushioned her form slightly. Timidly Ana looked around spotting a small dark blue-green haired boy with deep royal blue eyes. The boy stared at her mutely. He was shivering from pain, and the draft. Not thinking twice about it Anastasia took a bold step forward and ripped the first layer of her skirt. Taking another step she sank to her knees holding out her once skirt fabric now make-shift blanket out to the boy. Slowly in fear and uneasiness he reached her hand for the 'blanket'. With a sad closed smile she let the warm cloth slip into his hands. He nodded in thanks. His eyes retaining a very very small glimmer in his dead eyes. She doesn't know how she was to act with children so doing what she knew how to do. She sat huddled in a corner, hugged her knees to her chest, and fell into a small slumber. Staying perfectly still and silent. Time may not be on their sides at the moment. But as of now, with nothing to do, and not trusting both her voice or her scarred mind. She closed her eyes, and sank into the comforting embrace of darkness that never failed to keep her comforted. Their she made her mind completely. Good, and holy beings are a lie in the biggest proportion. The devil and all things bad is her saving grace. And forever will comfort her in both mortal life and unholy slumber.

Hope you guys liked it!!

Love, Kisacatdemon!~