Chapter 12

After Sebastian left Anastasia's courters he began to head for the Study to speak to the young lord. Lifting a gloved hand, he knocked softly. Just loud enough to echo the relatively silent room. "Come in." He heard a bit muffled. Opening the oak door he found his young master glaring sleepily at a pile of papers and three books littered on top of his desk. "Young Master?" Sebastian asked 'confused'. A glint of amusement hidden in his irises.

"It's nothing. What is it that you need?" Ciel spat still annoyed at this confusing terminology and directions on how to run a business, what you need to know, and all this horrific math needed! "I found the whereabouts of a previous butler to this estate. His name is Tanaka do you know of him?" Ciel's eye lit a little. Tanaka. He was a kind elderly man. "Yes. I know of him. He used to help my f- Sir Vincent with the company." Ciel said. 'He could help me understand where to start on...'

"Yes mi lord. I shall fetch him before dinner." Sebastian said while bowing an amused smirk on his pale lips. "Good." Ciel said boredly. Standing straight back up he saw his cue to leave so he did so. Heading down the halls after shutting the door with a loud click. He found himself passing Anastasia's room. She was speaking to herself. It was quite muffled but he could still hear it perfectly well. "-so sorry grandpapa...I failed you...I failed to uphold my promise..." She said before she fell completely silent. He sharpened his hearing to find her heart beat has softened. Her breathing came hushed in other words she fell to sleep. Walking further down he brought his attention down to his pocket watch. It was almost time to begin lunch. But first he will contact Mr. Tanaka to make him aware that the name of Phantomhive still stands. "Such an interesting little human..." Sebastian mumbled smelling her delectable scent, making his eyes flash. He should really try to make it a habit to avoid the little human. That or his only other approved option would be to rein his 'inner monster' deeper inside so he may keep his demonic tendencies at hand. He smirked at the thought. Never has he needed to do such how so interesting this all has started to roll out. He wondered truly what did the future hold to his eternal damned being and newest little prey? A cruel chuckle left him. His eyes alit as darkness shrouded him as he continued to walk casually. And this little human... He can't seem to get a proper read on her pure, shattered, blinding white soul. Yes. Things are truly getting interesting...

As she slept Anastasia felt a shiver of both heat and ice crept up her spin under her skin as it traveled throughout her system. She suddenly felt so-well more than usual-insecure. And Ciel, just finished with the first book felt cold. So so cold. 'Stupid demon...' the child subconsciously blamed. Back into the halls the butler stood looking out the window out to the yard. He was still shrouded in an inky mist. And in a blink of an eye the shadow-shrouded butler vanished into thin air. The only thing left was an inky black feather that softly floated to the carpeted floor. 

Sorry its so short readers! .>_<.

~Kisacatdemon~