Chapter 5

Waking up from a nice nap Anastasia sat up slowly, blinking as her eyes took out the sleep. 'So. I was thinking we should get to work now. What new edition do you want to hide first?' Anna's voice trailed out of the darkness in her mind. Making the poor girl to jump the slightest. 'Geez you are really jumpy. Even for a human.' Anna whined but you could hear her smirk. 'C-could we hide the tail? I like it and all b-but it's so distracting...' Anastasia asked meekly. Humming Anna couldn't deny her request. 'Guh! Fine. But after this one we should work on the nails and ears! Those three will be our priorities!' Anna announced enthusiastically. 'Ah alright but-um why isn't the fangs included?' Anastasia asked softly. 'Simple. You can pretend to be mute.' Anna said so simply. 'Oh.' 'Anyway enough with this! Time to get to work!!' Anna yelled out loudly causing Anastasia to yelp.

(1 month and two weeks later!~)

       It's been a little over a month and Anastasia could finally get her tail, nails, and ears under control. And now is trying to get her teeth normal. But besides that it has been boring days. Well to Anna it was. Anastasia was used to sitting and staying quiet for...months at end. Which Anna was disgusted at. And funny thing is. When Anastasia was young she was a lot like Anna. How does Anna know this? She was insanely bored and done with naps and decided to go through Anastasia's memories. And let's say 'horrible' or 'tragic' is an understatement. Anastasia is basically a broken girl who has been treated worse than dirt in a Noble family because her so called mother slept around and got 'infected' by a 'dirty scoundrel'. Then gave birth to a 'thing'. So sadly Anastasia for the first five years was in public treated like a princess but at home was treated as a servant and at seven the family decided to stage an incident to make it seem like the child died then sent her to her 'aunt' and 'uncle' as their servant and human-sized stress-ball.

   But Anna never brought this topic up knowing that it wasn't something the teen could handle. As the memories would probably flood her already broken mind.

(2 weeks later)

      It's now been two months since Anastasia and Anna's soul bonded. And the last time they ate. Anastasia could hide her fangs up to four hours but they decided just to pretend to be mute till they could have it more along the lines of can hide it as long as they want. Now hungry and craving for the world's light Anastasia eagerly crawled carefully out of the passage. Night seemed to have descended the outside world covering the graveyard in an eerie fog.

      And to the right of the Halfling was mad laughter. Not angry laughter. But insane laughter that echoed through the otherwise silent and still burial ground. 'Let's go check it out Ana! I want to see what loon decided to hang himself!' Anna called out her words sent shivers through Anastasia. 'Y-you want me to w-what?!' Ana questioned not liking that idea. 'If you don't move 'I' will!' Anna's voice called out as she took control of the legs and began to force the scared girl over to the psychotic laughter. 'N-no! I-I don't want to! Pl-please don't make me A-Anna!!' Anastasia mentally yelled and plead with tears swelling in her eyes. "Well well, what do we have here?" A group of drunken men questioned in a slur suddenly appearing out of the mist. 

      One of the men who were responsible for the laughter lay on his side. A large mug intertwined in his sweaty hand. 'I don't like this! I don't like this!! Anna! Why did you make me do this?!!' Anastasia for the first tie yelled in hysteria at the cat demon. 'My fault?! How is it my fault?!' She asked back yelling a little louder than needed. 'My legs are still controlled by whom?' Anastasia questioned softly. This kept Anna silent realizing this was her fault. 'Oh shut up we need to get the hell-what are they doing??!!' Anna questioned bringing Anastasia out of her mind. 'Uh-oh...' Was the only thing the two could 'utter' before their body fell to darkness.