Chapter 14

Chapter 14

After lunch finished up the door bell rang startling the noble and timid girl. Sebastian said nothing as he went to answer the door. He already knew who it was. He could smell the scent of tea leaves, old age, and dusty books from there. "Tanaka, it is a pleasantry that you were able to come in such short notice." The elder man nodded a smile alight his face but his eyes held suspicion. "May I see the young lord Mr. Michaelis?" Tanaka asked. "Why of course. He has just finished up lunch."

As they walked through the manor Tanaka couldn't help to look around in awe. It was like that accursed flame never happen. Finally they reached the dining room. Anastasia still sat in her place trying to finish her glass of water. She didn't like to waste and being hydrated and malnourished back then she isn't going to even waste water. Especially with how dry and scratchy her throat has been since being 'reborn'.

The young noble also sat in his place before leaving. He wasn't doing anything but sitting. Though it was quite obvious he was trying to think of some way to start a conversation with his newly admitted maid that will start tomorrow.

"Young Lord..." Tanaka breathed out. When his eyes landed on the ten year old. So it was true the young Phantomhive was still alive. The boy's head turned sharply to the withered voice. "Ah. Tanaka. You have made it here with no trouble I hope?" Ciel said slowly. He was still getting used to speaking and trying to speak in a noble way was quite strenuous to the young boy. It only the day before he was a mute lamb off to slaughter under the thumb of morons hallucinating on ruling the world.

"Yes. It was a peaceful trip here. Very nostalgic I may add. Oh. Where are my manners? And you are miss?" Tanaka answered the young lord before turning to Anastasia who finished her water and was standing next to Sebastian. She flustered being now the center of attention. "I-I'm Anastasia. Mr. Tanaka. A new maid for the Phantomhive Estate..." She said her voice small and it was obvious that she was timid and unaccustomed to attention. The mere scent of it made Sebastian's mind whirl. Such a delicious scent on a human such as her.

"Oh? How splendid. Now then may we discuss the contract of my serving ship? I'd be honored to work for this family estate once more." The elder said with a bow. "Yes. Let's we will discuss this in my office." Ciel said getting up and walking with Sebastian and Tanaka just feet behind him traveling like shadows. Anastasia left alone in the dining room, collected the used dishes to set them into the kitchen. Then kitchen was flawless. Not a speck of dirt seen anywhere. Ana blinked at the scenery. Truly she has never been used to such a clean home. Even when as a child and venturing all throughout the manor has she seen it so clean even with a staff of twenty people easily.

Sighing wistfully she began to clean the dishes and silverware. With the poison leaving her body this morning she should be able to at least do this much. Possibly even more the next following days. But still she feels...blocked. And really how come her usually restless partner hasn't spoken at all, all day? Maybe at night she'll try to call her up to see what's going on...

~Kisacatdemon~