Chapter 6

Skylar

"Hello." I wave at her as Ethan pulls away.

"What are you doing here?" She genuinely sounds surprise, and Ethan makes his way back to my side.

"Sky, I'll take you to your car." Ethan smiles at me.

"Nice to see you, Ivy. You don't have to." I could tell that my face was emotionless. His eyes scan my face before he sighs.

"Let's talk a little before you leave." His voice changes slightly, I nod in return.

"You're not staying for a bit more?" Ivy asks as she slowly makes her way towards me.

"I have things to do. I'll see you tomorrow."

Ethan reaches for my hand. He links our fingers together and begins walking towards his room.

"Give me a second Ivy." Ethan closes the door behind him and motions for me to take a seat.

I take a seat at his bed and watch him slowly bend down.

"I know you might be questioning your answer. However, regarding the cheating part. I need time to get everything sorted out. And for Ivy. She has access to my apartment because of my brother. This is her second time coming, and I told her to return the key today. I am telling you this because I want you to understand. I am not a cheater and will never cheat on you." His hand wraps around my hands.

"If we are being honest with each other. It feels unreal and somewhat fast. I know I told you I would give you a chance but my mind is still debating with my heart. I—" I sigh and watch him raise his hand to caress my face where he gently wipes my bottom lip with his thumb.

"Everything will be resolve. You might be thinking everything is happening way too fast but I made you questioned a lot of things. My actions and late shifts were part of why you started building that idea. However, we—"

"Ethan! Someone is calling you." Ivy knocks on the door.

"Let's talk later. I'll give you some time." Ethan pushes a strand away from my face and gives me the biggest smile.

"Thank you."

"Ethan!"

"I'm coming!"

"Who is Ivy to you anyways?"

Ethan drags a hand through his hair.

"She was my sister-in-law. But Jason called off the wedding. To further explain this situation, Ivy and my brother had access to this floor because they used to stay here during their trips. There is an extra room across from this one. Since the wedding is off. I asked Ivy to return the key."

"About time." Ivy rolls her eyes as we emerge from the room. Ethan hands me the food he prepared and kisses my forehead.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I smile and walk pass Ivy.

"Goodbye." Ivy mumbles.

****

I get home just in time to see my favorite show with Xander. While watching the show my mind drifts off to Ethan and Ivy.

What did they do after I left?

"Mommy, I'm sleepy." I kiss Xander's forehead and turn off the tv.

I carry him to his room placing him on his bed.

I brush his hair away from his eyes and stare at his beautiful eyelashes.

"Goodnight baby." I turn his lamp off and walk out

My phone rings and without seeing the caller ID I answer.

"Hello."

"Skylar." I hear Ethan speak on the other line.

"Hi...." I reply.

"Did you get home safely?"

"I did. Thanks for asking."

I make myself comfortable in bed and smile up at the ceiling.

Our call gets interrupted when the door to my room opens. I had lost track of time and realized it was pass eleven.

"Mommy. I'm hungry." Xander whines and jumps on my bed.

"Ethan, I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

I hang up the phone without waiting for his reply.

****