Chapter 12

Sky

"Just a heads up, she doesn't talk to strangers." I compose myself and lean towards Ethan.

At this moment all I care about is him.

I kiss him and try to show him how much I love him through my lips. He carefully holds my cheeks in his hands as he returns the kiss.

"Gosh Ethan. I-I cannot express with words how much anger I'm feeling. I'll try to control myself around her, but just knowing the mental and physical hurdles she has put you though infuriates me." My hands clench and I glare at the door.

"I haven't visited her since the incident occurred. I don't know what to expect or what to tell you." Ethan's soft expression squeezes my heart.

"Do you want to see her?" I ask. My hands landing on his hand.

"No." He firmly replies. A smile graces his lips before he moves closer, "I'll do it for you. If you need me to be with you..."

"Don't say that Ethan. If you want to meet her do it because you want to... not because I want you to come along. Honestly, I can handle her. Are you going inside?" I stand on my feet and wait. Reassuring him by softly massaging his hand with my thumb.

"I can't." Ethan confirms and I nod. I give him one last kiss before reaching for the door.

"It won't take long."

I take a deep breath before moving. Without meaning to I slam the door behind me.

The hairs on my hands rise as I make eye contact with her. She looks older, weak, and soulless as her curious eyes inspect me. I make my way to her bed.

I silently take my time to analyze her.

"You look awful." I smirk as her expression turns sour.

"Just look at you." Her glare deepens as I smile and motion with my hand to the small mirror by the table.

"I am beautiful." The words fall out of her mouth. A genuine laugh bursts out of me.

"People were saying you were mute. But look at me, I was able to make you talk in less than a minute just by calling you ugly." She reaches for the hospital remote next to her and presses a button.

"Aw, are you scared to be alone with me." I taunt. She repeatedly presses the button.

"They are not coming Sylvia." I sit at the edge of the bed.

"Don't tell me you don't remember me." Her eyes look me up and down.

"No..." She bites her tongue to stop herself. I lift an eyebrow and walk to her.

"Stay away from me! Maybe you should be the one admitted to this hospital." She furiously throws the remote. The wire attached to it stops it from flying across the room. It bounces of the bed and lands on the floor.

"Maybe. But unlike you, I haven't committed a crime or sexually harassed a men." My steps don't stop as I stand right next to her. Her face turns up to look at me before the words finally register as her face lightens.

"Ah! That wasn't a crime because he wanted it."

My hand moves before she can do anything. It flies high across the distance and lands perfectly on her cheek. The sound echoes in the silent room.

"What the fu—" My fist land one after another. My body lights up with adrenaline as I get on top of her and take out my anger.

"AHH! HELP!" Fury consumes me at the thought of her touching Ethan without his consent.

Hands wrap around my waist to prevent me from causing further damage.

"Sky!" His voice wraps around me and I watch as Sylvia tries coming for me, but the rush of blood pouring out of her nose stops her.

"I'm calm." Ethan pulls away and I flip around.

"Everything is okay now. I promise I'll behave." I give him my biggest smile and salute him. His hand runs over my knuckles.

"She hit me because of you!" She screeches as she frantically grabs tissues.

"Shut the fuck up." I march to her and she scurries away.

"I'll be waiting outside." Ethan shuts the door behind him. I take a few deep breaths and analyze her again. My punches and slaps were light except the first one. There is no doubt she'll have a bruise here and there.

"Now, if you don't want me to kill you. Answer a few of my questions." I cross my hands over my chest and watch her.

"What kind of questions. You want me to tell you what happened that day?" She throws the bloody tissue and gets a new one.

"No. I already know." I glance at my nails and smirk as I find a strand under my nail. I clutch it in my hands and save it in case of emergency.

"Really? I bet you know how big his d— WHAT!" She puts a pillow between us. She looks scared out of her wits.

"Stop talking about him! I am warning you."

She must have seen something in my face as she reaches for the remote again. I kick it away and stare right at her.

"The only question I want you to answer is who ordered you to do that." She bites her lips and shakes her head.

"Tell me!" I scream and shove her backwards.

"I'm not telling you nothing!" She yells.

"You are rotting in here while your partners are living their best life. You know... we caught one of your partners." Her eyes widen and she looks out the window.

"No you didn't! Nobody can catch her!" She begins to rock back and forth.

Maybe Sylvia does need help.

"You really think that. Have they visited you?" She is easy to read and I smirk.

"Tell me Sylvia!" I shake her.

"No! They'll kill me! Leave me alone!" I roll my eyes.

"They forgot about you. You really think you are worth the kill." She bites her nails and closes her eyes.

"The only thing I'm telling you is they are close." I jump back as she launches for me. I struggle with her weight as I try to put some distance between us.

I did catch a glimpse of her clip board, which highlights her mood swings. One of the reasons why they mentioned her bipolar disorder.

"KILL ME! KILL ME." Her crazy stare gives me the energy to throw her off. She clutches the bed sheets and starts mumbling to herself.

"Why would I? Why are you so scared to exposed them?"

I don't let her actions distract me from my goal.

"They have money! They are close to his family!" She looks at me and then at the door. I move out of her way as she runs out the room.

Ethan rushes inside.

"What happened?" His eyes look me over. I shrug.

"She's going through something. But I believe I got some information out of her." I reach for his hand and watch him look at me.

"You are exhausted." I nod and lean in to him.

"Maybe it wasn't a good idea to bring you." He wraps a hand around me and guides me to the front desk where he proceeds to talk to a nurse. By now, Sylvia should be back in her room since doors can only be accessed with an ID.

Once we are back in the car Ethan pulls me to him.

"Ethan, I want you t—"

The ring of his phone cuts me off. His expression hardens as he flips his phone around.

"Who is it?" I chew on my lip and wait for his response as he swipes across his phone.

"My father."

***