One

Hello everyone and thanks for checking out my first story! Teaching Her Secrets is something I've been working on for some time and I hope it pays off! Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed the chapter! Thank you~
°°JaneDoe0°°

\♡/

"You're handling this a lot smoother than I thought."

"Why would I not?"

"Probably because your first and only love is about ten minutes away from walking through that front door. Oh, and that he's moving down the street from you after nine years of being away."

Right. Those little facts.

Lilly was proud of the calm composure she has managed to keep since her older brother announced the return of his best friend and her childhood love, Joshua Thomas, but her insides were thrown all over the place by the whirlwind of nerves that still raged within her.

She sat on the couch while her best friend Kassie Price surfed the channels on the T.V. Her brother Duncan went to pick up Joshua an hour ago and left the girls in charge of ordering pizza for when they return. She was glad when he didn't ask for her to come to the airport, it gave her more time to prepare. She hadn't seen Joshua since she was fourteen, still a child, when he visited from Arizona after her brother's gunshot accident. Not the best time to try and rekindle a friendship between them. Her nineteenth birthday was last week and as an adult, she was determined to prove herself of her maturity. And not just to Joshua either.

Lilly fell for Joshua's shaggy hair and crooked smile when she just ten years old and followed the teenage boy whenever she had the chance. She didn't know it then, but everyone close to her from her parents, brother, and to Joshua's own mom and dad could clearly see how Lilly glowed around him. She really didn't know just how obvious her feelings towards him were until she confessed them to Kassie and her friend responded with something similar to, 'tell me something everyone doesn't know'.

Looking back at all the memories of her fawning over Joshua was extremely, banging-head-against-wall, embarrassing and she was ready to redeem herself.

The doorbell rang and her heart jumped to her throat before the rest of her body almost flew off the couch.

"Relax ya fruit loop, why would your brother ring the doorbell to his own house?" Kassie stood and went to the let the pizza man in while Lilly tried to remember how lungs functioned. "One would think you're still in love with the guy after a reaction like that." Kassie said after tipping the delivery man and taking the three boxes of pizzas to the kitchen.

"It was nine years ago Kassie, I'm over him."

"And yet the blush on your face is still just the same as nine years ago."

"Please refrain from talking when he's here." She walked from the living room to the half bathroom on the main level of the house, choosing not to excuse herself to Kassie because that would welcome nothing but more teasing.

"Oh fudge pops," She cursed. 

Her vocabulary was limited of cursing due to Duncan refusing to hear his 'baby sister say such foul words.' Once Kassie was accepted into the family, the same rule applied to her as well. Any bad word uttered in her brother's presence was answered with a swift flick on the head that he mastered for it to throb days on end. It didn't take long for her and Kassie to create their own choice of words in replacing.

Her reflection in the mirror was what made her say such a thing. She looked like a frightened teenager the way her light blue eyes were wide and alert with hair that stood on end from the jump she suffered when the doorbell rang.