Nine

::A//N::

I am so sorry for the long wait, there were some things that I had to take care of that took longer than expected. Thank you to all that are still wanting updates and saving/voting! Here's a good, long (eventful) chapter with some visual inspiration that fueled me to write this part. The next chapter will be published next Sunday and every Sunday after that. Comment and vote!

°°JaneDoe0°°

\♡/

He was so fucking irritated.

All Joshua wanted to do was spend his Saturday relaxing at home. There were things that had to get done, like fixing the automatic garage door and finish painting the basement, things he enjoyed doing but had no urge to start. All because of her.

He looked at his phone for the hundredth time. As a way to further prove to himself that he was staying home he texted her this morning saying good luck at the event today. She responded not long after asking what he had planned for the day and he quickly told her of the updates needed to his house. She sent him a music video, Work by Fifth Harmony, as something for him to listen to while he did so and he lost count of home many times he played the song. He didn't listen to much music, especially girl bands, but watching the video that conveniently took place on a construction site and listening to the suggestive lyrics had him hot and bothered for the last few hours.

A dip at the beach would help you out.

He laughed out loud at his subconscious thought. That's exactly what Lilly wanted. If he showed up that would just feed the ego that was nonexistent to the young Lilly he was used to.

He glanced at the time, the event only had a few hours left before it was over and he dropped himself to onto the couch, closing his eyes. What's wrong with wearing regular clothes while playing with dogs at the beach? A t-shirt and some jeans seemed more reasonable than a bikini when walking a dog along the shore. Who cared about tan lines. His mind began conjuring images again and it was those images that fed his annoyance. Lilly standing in the sand, light eyes matching the color of the sky and a shy smile on her lips. That's it. That's all he was able to see. Just like his freakishly real fantasy during his shower, he couldn't see the rest of her. It was like a blockage in his head that stopped him from seeing what her body could look like. Knowing that she was most likely walking around in a bikini currently and other people were able to see her while he struggled to even come up with a thought only bit at his frustration more. The chorus to the song that has been playing on repeat brought him back.

"Let my body do the work."

"Fuck it." He closed out of the video and stormed up his stairs. Let her get a little confidence boost when he showed up, she'll need it when she realizes she was no match for him. Besides, she said she had to prove something to him and he wanted to see what that was.

 Besides, she said she had to prove something to him and he wanted to see what that was