ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello!
I have been receiving messages and comments about when and if I will continue Teaching Her Secrets and thought it would be helpful to copy and paste the announcement I made on my profile into a 'chapter' for any new readers who have missed it! Before that I wanted to address a few questions and other things I left out!

••I started writing this story when Wattpad was a fairly new website and I was a teen. Shoot, I even had a version of it published on Quizilla if anyone still remembers that website before it was shut down. I have 3 different drafts to THS that I have written over several years because Lordy were those ones just cringy.
••Yes, yes, Lilly is 19, a virgin and never been kissed. I changed a lot of things about Lilly but this is one of the main qualities I kept since I came up with the character. I took inspiration from my grandparents story that I absolutely adore hearing each time I visit. My grandma was 19 when she met my grandpa and her very first kiss was with him. I know it's uncommon in this day and age but I like it for my clueless, innocent character♥️. I have received a handful of messages from readers who have told me they were older and a virgin as well and thanking me to have a character to relate to as they feel judged or ridiculed for being so. Then I have gotten another handful of messages stating Lilly is snobby/not very realistic/lame for being that old and not have her virginity taken yet and that I am calling out or looking down upon people who have had their first kiss or lost their virginty before the age of 19. I just want to make one thing very clear:
You and your sexual activities or lack there of is up to and between you and your partner. Whether you've never been kissed and are in your 80s or have had multiple sexual partners and are in your 20s that is perfectly okay. As long as you are safe, happy and consensual then go you! Be confident in your life decisions and don't let anyone change your mind in what you are comfortable with and want for yourself. ♥️
••Lilly is 19 and still in high school due to being held back in the first grade, I mention this briefly in the updated version I am working on but wanted to make it known here!
••I always liked incorporating songs into my stories and how I pick which one to put into them is completly random. Yep, a lot of the songs are ones I like and are 1000% trashy lmao. I knew I would get a few people not liking the songs and that's ok, the world would be pretty dull if we all liked the same thing. But I realized some of the songs don't really match Lilly's personality so there will be changes to that in the updated story.
••And a very popular interest in many of you; Does Duncan have the hots for Kassie?.... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It took a lot for me to publish something I actually wrote out into the public. Writing has always been just a hobby and something I enjoyed doing ever since I was a kid. It has helped me break out of my shell and find my inner confidence which was something I had very much struggled with. With that, thank you again for all the positive vibes and love. To the readers who enjoyed my story, thank you, I keep writing for you guys. To the readers who are not a fan, thank you for giving mine a chance and I hope you find something you can enjoy with the millions of wonderful stories and books out there.
Check in soon when I post another announcement on when I say THS will be back with the new and (hopefully) better version!

Here's the original announcement that I posted on my profile!

To my followers and readers,
Hello! Just wanted to update everyone on my life a little and my book Teaching Her Secrets!First and foremost, I am terribly sorry for my MIA these last few years. Quite a few things happened. I got engaged, bought a house with my fiance and got pregnant with just giving birth this past year! It's been pretty hectic adjusting to all this but we are settling in well. When COVID-19 hit the US I decided to leave my job and become a stay at home mom and be in charge of the household. I'm still getting used to the role but I love being able to spend my days with my baby and support my fiance from home. Now on to more important things! Teaching Her Secrets is still in the works! The other month I went back and re-read what I already have published and all your comments and messages. I love what I have out but there are a bit of mistakes throughout the book, both grammatical and plot wise. I know I can do so much better and started writing an updated version to the book! This does not mean it is getting changed completely! I'll just be adding more content, filling in gaps and fixing errors. The current version of the book will stay up on my profile as I work on the updated one. The new one will get published once I have most of it written and know I can give you guys steady updates. I don't have a set date to when that will happen. Although I am home every day now that does not mean I always have the time to write no matter how much I want to. I am taking care of our baby and doing some side gigs here and there to bring in a little money to help my fiancé who is working so hard already and I am forever grateful to be able to support us. But I am planning on publishing it this year! Lastly, thank you all so much for your kind words and support. I did not think Teaching Her Secrets will become popular and that's why I want to give you all a better story if I can! You guys push me to keep the story going!

Sending love and be safe,
~JaneDoe0