Chapter 11

[MATURE SEXUAL CONTENT]

Chapter 11

"So let me get this accurate," Radon sneered, "This spell of yours couldn't locate the hybrid but it could locate the witches?"

"They weren't exactly going to put up a sign leading us directly to him, were they?" Valentina sighed, backing up the witches only in the hope of conveying to Invidia that Valentina was on her side and thus keep Valentina's secret, "After all, that would be too easy,"

"How exactly is finding the witches going to help us?" Marceau questioned as he lounged at the back of the house, flipping through an old book with his polished fingernail.

"The witches are near the hybrid," Invidia snapped, waving her hand effortlessly and closing the book in Marceau's face sharply, "Magic finds magic,"

Valentina rolled her eyes at the cryptic speak; she had never been one for riddles.

"But all of this," Invidia sighed dramatically as she bound the remaining decaying limbs of some poor animal in leather and filed them away for safe keeping, "Will be pointless without the dagger,"

Everyone grew silent. How did she know about the dagger?

Valentina's eyes didn't waver from Invidia's black ones as she smirked, the roots of her hair growing red with joy, "You didn't think me naïve enough to think that you would risk destroying such a powerful talisman?" Invidia tutted at Dracul in poor taste, who only returned a sharp glare in the witch's direction before Invidia's attention was on all of them.

"Well?" Invidia raised an eyebrow.

"The dagger is in safe keeping," Valentina reassured her, keeping her mind blank of its resting place.

Invidia watched Valentina warily, her eyes darting to the sword at Valentina's hip.

"And it shall be in our possession when we move on the Hybrid," Radon assured Invidia, who would not reveal the witches location until she was sure she would get payment.

Valentina and Christian shared a quick glance before they resumed their positions.

This was business and no time for their emotions to get in the way.

Invidia shrugged, pretending that the dagger meant nothing to her but Valentina had heard the desperation in her voice as she called it a 'talisman'.

Invidia wanted the dagger for something.

And Valentina would keep it from her, as she had done with every other bounty hunter for the last few centuries.

"Very well," Invidia picked up the map she had been searching a few moments earlier and handed it over to Valentina, ignoring Dracul, "This is where you shall find the witches. The hybrid will be close."

Valentina ignored her father's direct gaze; not liking that his daughter had taken rank over him but he remained silent because he knew how much they needed this.

Looking down at the map, there was a small burn mark on the parchment that had seared right through the page, marking his location.

"Romania?" Valentina raised an eyebrow; of all the places they could protect themselves, they chose the creator of Vampire's home.

Invidia lifted a shoulder as a smile of torment filled her lips, "It seems the witches like the irony of the situation,"

Dracul hissed, "They dare put that inbreed in my country!?"

"They dare a lot more it would seem," Invidia turned around, "as they are actually protecting the hybrid from you."

Dracul took a step forward, threateningly, but Valentina interrupted him before he could do anything.