Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Showered and fed, Valentina felt like an entirely new person.

The bags that been begun to form under her eyes had disappeared and her entire body was zinging with energy that fresh blood brought them.

And it was a good thing they had fed too after the amount of exercise Christian had given her the morning before.

Elijah had glared at them when they came down for breakfast; obviously they kept him awake last morning.

But she could literally feel the ice pouring out of her father as Christian sat across from him as they worked out the final details of their plan.

But Valentina was proud of Christian for not losing his temper; if another vampire stared at him for too long he would have normally taken their head off before they could utter a single word of protest.

It was another matter when it was a female vampire staring at him but Valentina wasn't ready to replay that memory of their lives together.

Get the knife and rendezvous at the co-ordinates.

That was Valentina's mission and she was going to stick to it.

Since she was the only one that knew where the dagger was she was the only one that could go and she wasn't about to leave Christian with her father so here they were; trekking through the forest back to town where they would take a connecting flight to Paris.

Not having the time to get fake passports, Valentina and Christian bypassed the airport and went straight to the landing strip.

A twelve foot fence with barbed wire separated them and the airfield where a plane was currently being loaded with bags.

"Up we go," Christian smiled as he crouched at the knees and bounded over the fence, performing a fancy flip through the air as easy as if he was jumping up onto a step.

Valentina shook her head at his ridiculous move but she liked that he was in a good mood.

Bunching slightly more power in her limps she sailed higher than he did, spinning through the air before she dived back to the ground and rolled, coming back up on her knee.

Lifting her head, her hair falling down her back, she grinned at Christian.

"Show off," Christian smirked as he grabbed her by the hand and pulled her to her feet.

"You started it," Valentina shrugged a shoulder, their hands still connected as they sauntered across the airfield towards the plane.

"Check the labels," Valentina told him as she turned her back and kept guard; her heightened senses picking up the nonsensical chatter of humans.

"Destination . . ." Christian whispered, "Paris. We've got it," Christian chuckled as they walked up the small ramp and into the luggage compartment of the airplane.

Finding a small hiding spot behind an already loaded cradle of bags, they sat and waited for the flight to take off.

* * *

The backstreets of Paris still held a nostalgic feeling to them even after so many years had passed.

The small huts were replaced with towering buildings but the cobblestoned road remained the same and she remembered the last time she was here she was dropping off the knife.

"Who are we meeting?" Christian asked as she stopped in front of the red door.

"An old friend," Valentina smirked at him before she lifted her hand to knock on the door but the answer did not come from inside.