Shut Down

Evie POV
I grunted opening my eyes. I turned my head, looking aroind. "Lass? Ye awake?" I nodded, sitting up.

"Who are you?" I asked. The reddish brown fox looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

"Lass, it be me. Foxy. Yer Cap'n" He looked at me panicked.

"Should I know that?" I asked confused. His eyes widened and he ran out of the room.

"Gold! Lad, she be awake. But tha lass has no mem'ry!" He shouted. A couple moments later the fox came back with a golden bear.

"Foxy, for the billionth time, I just forgot to put the hard drive back in. Chill out." The golden bear came up to me and looked at me. "Can you shut down for me please?"

I looked at him, "Who are you?" 

He smiled warmly, "That's what I'm trying to help you remember. You had to be repaired and your hard drive was not put back in."

"Oh." I shrugged "Okay." I laid down and shut down my server.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw nothing but darkness, but I smelled wood, and saw dust. Fear kicked in. Last time I smelled this, I was in the basement. My uncle's basement. I hit against the box, again and again. If I had an actual heart, it'd be pounding.

"Let me out!" I screamed, "Let me out!"

"Lass, calm down." I heard Foxy's muffled voice. "Calm down, Lass!" But I couldn't. There was no way I could be calm. Not with all the memories flooding my mind. I could practically feel the knife on my back. "Lass, I'm getting ye out now. It jus be a crate."

"I don't care!" I shouted, still hitting against the sides, "Get me out!"

The lid was ripped off, and I practically jumped out of the box. "Why was I in a crate?" I exclaimed?

Foxy looked at me sadly. "Lass, they shut us down."

"What?" I asked, looking around. It was dark, but I could make out that it was not the pizzeria. I paused. Of course they would shut is down. Now that they probably know about the murders.

"Then where are we?" I looked around more.

"Y- you are in th- the storage room f-for Fazbear faculty." A glitched out voice came from far.

But even glitched, I still recognize it. I would never forget as long as I lived. "Goldie Locks?" I asked, running towards the sound. "Spring?!"

"E- Evie? Why are- are you-" He faltered when her saw how I looked. "He got you?"

I nodded, "Couple years ago." His expression saddened, and he stood.

" His expression saddened, and he stood

"W- well then." He smiled, "Ov- over the past couple days- days, I've been t-told that you have qui- quite the talen- talent with tech."

"Well I don't know where my tools are." I frowned, "But I'll see what I can do." I tugged the bottom of my dress. A habit I formed when I was little, when I was upset or overwhelmed.

He smiled, and opened his arms. I ran into them, the familiar hug bringing back memories of a better time, and he pet me. "L- le- let g- go." He managed. I remembered my childhood days, when daddy helped own Fredbear's. Spring would take me into a back room when I was upset, and would hug me, tell me to let go. Of what? Then, I didn't know, but I didn't know a lot of things as a child.

Like how terrible people could be. I didn't know relatives beat their own children, or even murder them. Or how great people can be.

Like give a girl a home when she had none. Teach her, giver her a job so she could have a chance at a life. 

Or even the spirit of people, giving a girl longing for love, a family.

I looked up at Spring teary eyed, "How'd you know?"

He smiled, "Fam- family will never lose the kn- knowledge about people they love. You st- still tug the b- bottom of your dress- dress when you need comfort." I felt the tears spill over as I leaned against him, cradling my hands, letting go of my worries, fear and sadness.

"I missed you Spring." I managed through my tears.

"M- missed you too." He smiled, tucking my head under his chin. I stayed like that, just crying.

Eventually, I finished, and just after I heard a door slam. "Hey guys!"

I lifted my head, "Axel?"

"Who- who's that?" Spring asked.

"The one that babysat me when I was little." I straightened myself and grabbed his hand, leading him to the front.

"Hey, Evie." he held up a toolbox, my toolbox. "Mr. Fazbear said to bring these. I'm also here to guard the unit."

I smiled, and hugged him. He's safe. But one question suddenly popped into my head. "Axel, where's Mangle?" I asked, letting go, then pinched the bridge of my nose, "Scratch that. Where are the rest of the newer models?"

"Ah, well." Axel sighed, "You may need to sit down."

I sat on one of the many boxes and looked at him expectantly. He sat as well, and the rest of the animatronics after that.

"It's actually not too bad." He started, but the look in his eyes told me otherwise. Oh, dear. How much worse can it get?