Eren x Preteen Reader UPDATED

Note: this was just a story, I thought up of. UPDATED MAY 7th 2018
---------------------------------------------------------
"This sucks..." You mumbled, laying on the floor by your sparing partner,  Connie. You guys were in training and Connie - literally - has you pinnned while you struggle to lift him off. "Come on, (Y/N)! I'm sure you can do better than that!" Connie exclaimed, smirking down at you. You push your arms along with your legs in hopes your 13 year old body can lift Connie off, only for it to fail.

With your mind running on solutions, it felt like hours until an idea popped up. You lay your palms flat on the dirt floor and bent at your knees then, with all the strength you can muster, pushed yourself up at a kneeling position. Connie yelped while he fell to the dirt. Quickly, you slammed his head to the sandy floor and pinned him. Your turn.

Little do you know, a certain titan boy was watching intently from afar.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The cafeteria was bustling with all types of talk and gossip from love interests to training, either way, you didn't care. You grabbed your lunch and looked for a seat where you can have some time to think. Once you found a table, you casually strolled your way towards your chosen seat - that is, before a certain brunette had stopped you.

You look up to find none other than Eren Jaegar; a close "friend" of yours that has watched over you since you were eight, he's the closest person you could ever call to a brother - and the closest person you could ever call to being overprotective.

Your face clearly showed annoyance and you demand that he let go of you. Eren shook his head, "you know, I can't leave you by yourself." You felt a twitch in your brow. Eren - to you - was always paranoid when it came to you; always going head first into something if he ever saw anything that looked "unusual" to him. You, you've always been the observer, the child who would look over a situation before dealing with it. how is it that two polar opposites came to be? You will never know.

You state to Eren that your old enough to care for yourself - you didn't need him to watch over you constantly. Eren gave you a stern look, a look that most mothers would give to shutdown any negotiation with their kid. You knew that look many times and complied with a huff.

Eren gently lead you to the table Mikasa and Armin were sitting at. He sat you next to him across from where Mikasa was sitting, who was conversing with Armin - well, more like, Armin doing all the talking.

As if nothing between you and Eren ever happened, Eren starts up a conversation with Mikasa and Armin. You took no part in whatever they were talking about rather you picked at your food, irritably. As you picked at your food you thought angrily at how unfair Eren was treating you - how he babied you to no end and watched you like a hawk.

Eren took notice of your irritation and without a glance your way he said, "I'm only doing this because I care and I want you to be safe. You may be 13 but you haven't proven you can stand on your own." You grit your teeth with more irritability, maybe even borderline rage as you stab your food. "Don't play with your food, " Mikasa states.

Needless to say, it was a long lunch for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The cadets had just finished training and were free to roam HQ while the captains handle other business. You sat outside under a tree in the fields gazing at the sky, daydreaming.

You closed your eyes in serenity. It wasn't too hot or cold outside, the weather was warm enough for people to just bask in, in fact. Minutes passed in silence until you heard grass crunching near your feet. Your eyes open to be met with, none other than, Eren Jaeger's.

Still annoyed from the cafeteria, you close back your eyes and with slight annoyance, ask what he wanted. "What's with the attitude?" Eren spat back, not taking any of your behaviour. You told him to answer your question first. Eren sighed, "I honestly came out to relax then I saw you and thought if I could hang with you." You open your eyes with confusion. Why did he need to ask for permission to sit with you when he basically controls your life at this point?

Eren took note of this and sighed, again. "please?"
You thought it over for a moment then nodded, closing your eyes, again and going back to daydreaming.

Eren sat next to you under the tree - gazing up at the sky just as you did moments ago. "Hey (Y/N)..." he calls out, softly. You hum in acknowledgement, quirking a brow. "You know I'm just - worried, right?" he mentions his head turn towards you.

You sigh out through your nose, you knew Eren was just worried about you,  you've always knew that, that wasn't the reason you were angry, though. You just didn't like how he didn't trust or have faith in you.

You tell him you weren't angry about his constant care for you, you were angry because he didn't believe in you.

Eren was taken back by this yet at the same time, he couldn't help but admit the truth. He did believe in you, he really did it's just - he was so scared that you would die just like Marco, or - or Thomas or his mothe -

Your eyes snap open after being pulled into a sudden hug. Eren held you close,  tightly even, your head to his chest. You can feel his grip on your shoulder and look up to see sorrow in his eyes.

"I do believe in you. I'm just scared, scared that you'll die like the rest of my friends," Eren says, voice lining with grief of all his comrades upon their first activision.

You stare up at him for awhile then smile. You raise your hand to pat his head like you did when you were little. "Hey.. Now, you're just doubting me... " you beamed, Eren's eyes widen in surprise. "You gotta have a little hope in me otherwise, how will I defeat any of the titans or even get to see outside the walls if you keep saying that I'll die!" you giggled much to Eren's dismay.

"Look, if you just have faith in me then I'll be just fine. You can't just always look down on me and think that I'll never make it because eventually, that'll come true.... " you explained.

Eren's emerald eyes sparkle but softly he smiled. "You were always so determined despite everything..." he mumbled, you simply smiled in response.

"Well...  I hope you get out there and kill as many as those bastards as you can and you better come back alive!" Eren exclaimed, smiling.

You flash a bright smile at him. 

You'll be fine.