(UPDATED) Grell Sutcliff x Newborn Reader: Rose Reaper

Requested By: GothicFrisk

Update: 3/17/2020

The nursery bubbles with babies and toddlers running around babbling about while the nurses watch over them. But this isn't any old nursery, this nursery is dedicated to nurturing and raising these children into becoming the new generation of Grim Reapers here at the Grim Reaper Community.

Now, you may be wondering: why does the Grim Reaper Community hold a separate nursery home? I thought Grim Reapers came from souls who have taken their life and work as Reapers till their sin is forgiven? And you would have a point. These babies are children of mother's who, like Reapers, took their own life while still with their child. These children are now orphans, or rather, are children of death who must sadly work in soul reaping, only they have a much 'laxed punishment as they must a reap a certain amount of souls as opposed to reaping souls until God has forgiven them.

Thus they have become a sort - of tradition for Reapers: They come to the nursery to look and choose their Reaper babies to take under their wing and train. A lot of Reapers take it with pride and great importance in teaching their apprentice the business of sowing souls.

One such example is a baby resting in their crib swaddled in red, a stark difference amongst all the black the babies are usually swaddled in.

A Reaper, bearing glasses with his hair neatly slicked back, stone faced and standing next to a redhead who is cooing extravagantly at their newborn apprentice.

"My, my, I can only guess which one is yours." William sighs, eyes staring directly at the sleeping scarlet baby.

"Of course! There swaddled in beautiful scarlet red! It's a great contrast to that dull black all the children are swaddled in." Grell exclaims twirling about theatrically.

William could only roll his eyes before checking his time. "Well, it seems I must be getting back to business now. A farewell to you, Sutcliff." He states before disappearing out of the nursery. Grell waves with a "toodalo!" Before turning back to oogle at his newborn apprentice some more.

The scarlet baby sleeps peacefully in their crib, blissfully unaware of the animated red Reaper pressing his face to the glass. He won't be able to train his apprentice nor meet them in person until they're around 3 or so, until then, all Grell could do is oogle and dream of the day he will meet his scarlet child.

"Only a few years my precious rose~! Until then, we must wait." He says gazing dreamily at the sleeping flower before him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for any errors and such, as well as, the long wait. As you may have known, their has been the pandemic going around and has put my city, and family, on hold.

With that, please excuse any errors in this writing and I hope you enjoy this story (I tried my best, baby readers are quite difficult for me to write!)

Nonetheless, here is the first part of your request done, Frisk! Enjoy!