Chapter 3

"Are you going to explain now?" Allison asked as Lydia looked at her strangely. "What? I wanna know."

"You might wanna sit down for this." I replied.

Time to explain all the shit that's happened.

---

After explaining the werewolf Zac, the mom's side, how I am the Vetala, and all the other crap, everyone was speechless and had wide eyes. And were back to before when they first saw me today.

"So, you're not human?" Erica questioned with a confused edge.

"Weren't you listening Erica?" I answered with a chuckle.

"But, now you're not like our scrawny, defenceless human anymore." Lydia frowned. I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"I would rather be a human, like I was two years ago, but these powers I have made me stronger and powerful, so now I don't need to use my bat anymore."

"I'm just happy that your back - human or not, unlike everyone else here." Isaac claimed.

"Shut up, Isaac," Derek started. Isaac flipped him off rudely. "We're all happy your back. Stiles, you're part of our pack and that won't change."

"Funny, cause that's not what you said last time." I responded humorlessly.

"Stiles, I told you-"

I cut him off. "Yeah, I heard you. But did you guys really think that I wasn't hurt by what you did?"

Everyone remained silent. "Well, I guess not. Look, I've been gone for two years. There's no way things will be the same."

I stormed out of the loft, Derek hot on my trail.

"Now what, Derek?" I questioned fiercely.

"What happened to you? I mean, other than being that Vetala creature." He asked, the word sounding slightly foreign to him. 

"It doesn't matter. Now, if you'll excuse me-" Derek grabbed my wrist, stopping me yet again.

Derek sighed. "I've heard about these Vetalas. My mom knew one of you. She trusted them, and they were really just trying to kill her. Luckily, she found out beforehand."

"Are you trying to say that I'm like that?" I asked frustratedly.

"All I'm saying is that you could end up like that." He stated calmly.

"Whatever." I started carelessly. "I'm going to call my aunt, tell her-" Before I get a chance to finish my sentence, an unusual sound emitted from the nearby treeline.

"What is it?" Derek asked, suddenly interested.

"Did you hear that?" I looked closely for any traces of what I thought the sound was. I heard it again, this time closer to Derek and I.

"Hear what?"

"That-"

And that was the last thing I said before I slipped out of consciousness.