Beat

"Please dance with me." He whined and Scott threw his head back in laughter.

     "Mitch..." before he could finish Mitch had dragged him to the dance floor and wrapped Scott's hands around his his waist. Mitch started dancing on Scott successfully making Scott blush.

      The song changed to a slower one and they slowed their movements. Mitch wrapped his arms around his neck and got closer and closer to his face. They're lips were centimeters apart and they were both staring at each others lips.

     "Mitch..." Scott said just loud enough over the music so that Mitch could hear. "You're too drunk we should go home."

     Mitch bit his lip and grabbed Scott's cheek still looking down at his lips. "I like it here." He said and Scott sighed.

     "I know but we can't." Scott glanced down at his lips once more before pulling away from him. Mitch pouted and Scott grabbed his hand, "Come on. Let's go home."

Mitch giggled as they approached the exit, "You just want me alone." Scott laughed loudly.

"Duh!" He joked knowing Mitch wouldn't remember in the morning. As Scott was about to open the door two very large men burst through the door and blocked it.

"Excuse us." Scott said politely but one of the men just smiled wickedly before pulling a baseball bat from behind him. He swung it striking Scott full force in the head.

Scott fell to the ground immediately and for a few seconds he could feel, see, or hear anything. After a few seconds Scott opened his eyes but all the lights of the club blended together and his vision wouldn't focus.

There was a loud ringing in his ears and he could barely move his limbs. He could feel himself get dragged somewhere deeper into the bar. Scott was about to start fighting back when he realized it was Mitch who was dragging him.

Then suddenly his hearing came back fully along with his sight and feeling. He sat up and looked around assessing the situation.

The music was turned off by now, all they could hear were screaming and crying and loud bangs, Scott assumed were gunshots. He saw people huddled up in corners crying and trying to hide. He saw many limp bodies on the ground.

Mitch had pulled him to the side of the bar. Scott quickly looked at the exit only to fine the other large man standing there with a machine gun. Scott backed up hurriedly and pulled Mitch with him behind the bar.

No one else was back there and Scott was hoping it would stay that way. Mitch was crying hysterically but Scott could tell he was trying to be quiet. Scott pulled Mitch to him and held him. He drew infinite signs on his back as he kissed his forehead to calm home down.

"It's okay. We're okay." Scott whispered and Mitch just held onto him tight as if he might get taken away.

The gunshots dissipated and they started to hear the sound of liquid pouring all over the ground. A lot of liquid all around the bar. Scott and Mitch were confused. Scott peaked his head to the side of the bar and quickly realized it was gasoline.

Scott tensed and Mitch noticed, "what?" He whispered and Scott took a deep breath before bringing his head back in.

"They're going to light this place on fire." Scott said hoarsely. He started looking around the bar for some sort of alternative exit but he couldn't see one.

As soon as he realized this one of the men came around the bar with the gasoline. He became angry when he saw the two huddled together.

"We got two more Fags hiding in here." The man called to the other. Mitch tightened his hold on Scott and Scott moved to where he would be in between the man and Mitch.

"Hey hey, we found him." The other man said coming up behind him.

"What do you want?" Scott asked coldly and the man grimaced.

"You deserve to burn in hell." The man said.

"If you believe that won't we when we die. Why speed up the process if we're going to anyway." Scott said and the man laughed.

He dumped the rest of his jug all over Scott. Scott coughed and spit some that had got in his mouth. The other man laughed before walking away with the one still pointing his gun at them.

"Get up." He said to Scott and he obeyed not wanting them to get Mitch if he didn't.

Mitch had to let go of him but still stayed as close as possible. The man grabbed Scott's hair and dragged his head to the wall and slammed it into it. Scott groaned and stumbled when the man let him go.

"Stop it!" Mitch screamed but the man had no intention to do so. He kneed Scott in the l stomach and was about to do a lot worse when his friend called.

"Come one man, it's time to light it up." He said before lighting a match and dropping it a few feet away from him.

   Both the men bolted for the door as the place started to go up in flames. Scott was so dizzy from the beating that when he tried running to the door he stumbled and almost bumping into a wall.

    Mitch had gotten up and ran to help him. They looked where the door was but there were at like 4 feet of flames blocking them from the door. Scott pulled him the other direction and found the door to the kitchen.

     They ran in there with the fire chasing them. Scott let go of Mitch's hand and searched for an exit. He found a door at the end of the hallway. He went to open it but it was bolted shut from the outside.

He walked a couple feet away before running into the door trying to break it open. It didn't budge and instead his shoulder hurt like hell.

He tried again and again until Mitch pulled him back into reality. "Scott! Stop! It's not working!" Scott looked into Mitch's tearful eyes and broke down.

"We have to find a way out." Scott said tear streaming down his cheeks. As he said this a large beam came crashing down between them along with most of the ceiling.

Scott flew to the ground and slid into the door. When he opened his eyes everything around him were flames. He looked around frantically for Mitch but couldn't see him anywhere.

He finally saw the beam that had crashed in between him. His lungs cried for air and he was coughing loudly. He covered his nose and mouth with his shirt as he crawled over to the beam looking for Mitch.

He finally saw a hand under these large pieces of wood that must've been the ceiling. He started to rip them off when two large hands wrapped around him pulling him back. He saw that it was a firefighter but screamed anyway.

"No! Mitch! He's still in there!" He screamed fighting against the fireman. He screamed and fought but the man was too strong.

The man set him down but blocked the door taking his mask off. "Sir, my partner is getting him. Now come with me you need oxygen." Scott started to calm down a little and he walked to the foot of the ambulance never taking his eyes off the door.

He put the mask up to his face and took in a large breath of air when the fireman came out with a limp body hanging over his shoulder.

Scott jumped up from the ambulance and ran over to him. A paramedic did the same. The firman let Mitch's limp body down on the ground and the paramedic immediately checked his pulse.

Scott fell to his knees right next to him as the paramedic started CPR. Within seconds another paramedic with a defibrillator.

The paramedic slid this two together before placing them on Mitch's chest. "Clear!" He said and nothing happened.

Tears streamed down Scott's cheeks as the paramedic tried this process again and again but it was no use. He was dead.

After minutes of trying the paramedic called it. Scott sobbed openly and crawled next to Mitch. He put his head on his chest where there used to be a beat.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I'm sorry I didn't kiss you. I'm sorry I took you out tonight instead of just cuddling with you on the couch. I don't know what I'm going to do. I need you." He sobbed and clutched onto Mitch's lifeless body.

Sorry that was sad:/ love y'all