Fight P(4)

It's been about a month since Scott and Mitch had their talk. Scott had recently moved back in but things were still tense and nothing was back to normal. They rarely talked and it was killing Mitch but he knew he needed to give Scott space.

     One day Shawn came over to check on them when Scott was taking a shower and Mitch was so happy that at least someone would talk to him. Ever since the fight Kirstie had ignored all his calls but he couldn't blame her.

     "So how is everything?" Shawn asked and Mitch sighed sitting down next to him on the couch.

     "It's okay, I guess. He's back physically but he will barely talk to me and if we do it's small interactions before he leaves. I always have to talk to him first otherwise he won't say a word to me. I understand why he's doing this, he needs time but it's just hard..." Mitch said and Shawn put a comforting hand on his knee.

      "He'll come around Mitch. If this goes on too long and you feel like you're going to explode then you should talk to him about it." Mitch nodded.

     "I hear you but what if this is just the way it is now? What if he can never forgive me and this is our friendship now? I can't deal with that..." Mitch trailed off and Scott walked down the stairs on his phone.

     He was wearing just a simple white shirt, blue flannel, and black jeans and jacket but Mitch couldn't help but think he looked absolutely gorgeous.

     Scott grabbed his keys on the counter and Mitch asked, "Hey, where are you going?"

     Scott looked up from his phone and looked surprised that Shawn was there and smiled, "Oh hey Shawn, I'm filming something with Mario for a song I just wrote. Sorry I'm gonna be late. Bye!" He said quickly before rushing out the door.

     As soon as the door closed Mitch put his head in his hands. "Normally he would have asked me to sing with him... God why the hell did I fuck everything up?" Shawn rubbed his back gently and shook his head.

     "I'm sorry Mitch. He'll come around. I promise, I know he still loves you." He said trying to reassure Mitch and he nodded.

     "Will you stay and watch a movie with me?" He asked and Shawn giggled.

     "Wanna distract yourself?" He asked and Mitch nodded.

     "Yep every time he leaves I stalk his stories and everyone he's with stories so I know what he's doing. I know I know... I need to stop." He said and Shawn just smiled.

     "Come on let's pick a movie, stalker." He said and Mitch finally relaxed.

-----

      Shawn left a few hours later and Scott didn't come home until late. Mitch couldn't fall asleep until he knew Scott was home. Mitch stayed in his room though because he knew how things would end if he told Scott how he felt. Besides Mitch knew he deserved it.

     The next day Mitch slept in until about 2 in the afternoon. He lazily opened his phone to check twitter when he got the notification that Scott had tweeted something. It was the new video that he filmed with Mario the day before.

     Mitch clicked on the link and was intrigued by the title. Lost on you. He hoped the song wasn't about him.

     It started out slow and beautiful, Scott and Mario sang softly and perfectly. The song was incredibly sad and he could already tell it was about him.

     At the second verse he knew it was about him and Mario and Scott's voices blended together as they got louder. The harmonies were perfect and Mitch's eyes began to water.

Hold me like you never lost your patience

Tell me that you love me more than hate me all the time

And you're still mine

So smoke 'em if you've got 'em

'Cause it's going down

All I ever wanted was you

Let's take a drink of ever lisk

And turn around

Let's raise a glass or two

To all the things I've lost on you

Tell me are they lost on you?

Just that you could cut me loose

After everything I've lost on you

Is that lost on you?

Baby is that lost on you?

Is that lost on you?

     Scott let a single tear fall as he sang his chorus and by the end of the video Mitch was full on sobbing.

     He didn't realize he had been loud until he heard a small voice from behind him at his door, "Mitch?" Mitch just sniffled and wiped his eyes the best he could.

     Scott took a few steps into the room and walked up the the other side of the bed. He saw the video on his phone and immediately felt guilty.

     "Oh Mitch, I'm so sorry." Scott said before climbing on the bed and wrapping his arm around Mitch's waist. "I was just trying to get all my emotions out I shouldn't have posted it like that. You apologized I didn't mean for this to make you feel more guilty. I'm sorry mitchie. Please stop crying." He whispered into Mitch's ear as Mitch continued to shake with sobs.

     Mitch groaned in frustration and turned around in Scott's arms. "I'm so sorry!" He sobbed and Scott pulled him to his chest and rubbed his back.

     "It's okay. I forgive you." He whispered and Mitch wanted to cry in relief.

      He squeezed Scott in his arms and continued to cry in his chest. He pulled away a little later and looked into his eyes.

      "I don't deserve your forgiveness. Look at you, you heard me crying and you immediately came in and comforted me even when I didn't deserve it. I don't deserve you." He whispered and Scott frowned.

      "You deserve so much better then you give yourself credit for." Scott moved a stray hair out of his eye, "I'm sorry I posted it." He whispered and Mitch shook his head.

     "Nope, I deserved that." Mitch took a deep breath, "Scott...I..." he started but stopped himself.

     "What?" He asked and Mitch sighed.

     "I know you just now forgave me and that doesn't mean that you fully trust me or that we're just best friends just like that but I want you to know that... I'm in love with you and I will wait for you. I'm not going to run away anymore especially from you." He said and tears welled up in Scott's eyes.

      "Do you actually mean it?" He whispered and Mitch furrowed his eyebrows.

      "Yes of course. I'm not going to give up one you. I love you too much. I will wait as long as you need and if I really did throw this away and the answer is no than that's okay too. I just-" he was cut off with Scott's lips on his.

     He relaxed into the kiss and kissed back passionately. Scott pulled him closer than he already was and Mitch held his cheek.

They pulled away and rested their foreheads together, "I love you so much Scott Hoying." He whispered and Scott placed another gentle kiss on his lips.

"I'll always love you Mitchie." He whispered back. "No matter what." They both smiled into the next kiss that was for sure not their last.