Part 1---Chapter 1

I look outside and all I see is grass and trees. I feel like I've been sitting for hours. It all happened so fast. I woke up, ate, then was on this very bus. What was I doing? Where was I going? I was panicking. Too many questions. I want to ask someone but everyone else looked as confused as I am, even the driver. The drive was taking too long and my eyes slowly began shut, when the bus took a sharp turn.
A few people slid off their seats while others jolted. Several people screamed. "Hey! What are you doing!?!" Someone yells. "Honestly, I don't know" the driver mumbles. I feel my heart pounding, the bus stops and I jerk forward. What was with this guy?
We were in a field, in the middle of nowhere. The bus was quiet except for a few whispers and beeps. Suddenly we moved, not forward, not backward, down. We were descending. I grasped my seat, like my life depended on it. I hated the feeling, I wanted it to end.
Finally we stopped. Everyone was completely still, wondering what had just happened. "Is it over?" Someone whispers. "Yeah, sorry," says the driver. " You can go, bags are in the back." No one moved for a whole minute. I stood first, and quickly made my way down to the door sneaking a glance at the driver. He looked...odd, sort of suspicious.
A line builds behind me as I exit the bus, I quickly get my bag and meet a women at the front of the bus. "Name?" She asks "Zoey Riggs." I say softly "Riggs, eh? Huh, go to the right." She says. Why would my name be a big deal? I look around, there are nearly 50 buses in here and thousands of confused people.
Oddly enough, nearly everyone was quiet. Even with the thousands of people, almost no one made a sound, I could only hear the sound of shuffling feet. Everyone stared at a huge stage with gold curtains lined with silver sequins. In the middle was a podium, carved in was a circle with three leaf like ovals forming a triangle in the middle of the big circle.
---------------------------------------------
About an hour and a half passes when finally something happens. A man, maybe around his 50s, slowly trots up the stairs to the podium."Alright, sorry for the wait. Hello! I'm Dr.Midshaw, head master of the National School of Elementals." he says cheerfully.
I hear murmurs across the vast room. "Now," he continues,"you are probably wondering what Elementals are. Well, they are people, just like yourselves who have the power of the elements. That means you can use the elements, such as earth or water, just to name a few, to fight." People gasp."I know , I know" he says quickly,"came as a surprise to me too. A lot of you must be separated due to powers, such as fire and water, for safety reasons. You will learn about your powers and how to use them with the classes provided here. Not much more to say... Uh schedules are to be passed out by volunteers after dorm assignments, now go to the back tables, they are labeled alphabetically, A-K is the first, L-Q is the second R-V the third and W-Z the fourth. Right side of the room may go first, thank you for listening have a great day." Slowly everyone on the right, including myself goes to the back. I don't think anyone knows what's happening. I go to the third table and wait in the long line. It takes a while, but soon I'm next.
A woman with a short blonde bob greets me. "Hello! Name?"
"Zoey  Riggs"
"Alrighty...R...R...R... Riggs! Aha! Here you are Zoey Lisa Riggs, room 805," she exclaims and hand me a key. "Thanks" I say "No problem! Have a fabulous day Zoey Riggs!" I nod and walk off. There's a crowd around an elevator so I blend in. We pile in and push each other around to get to the buttons. The elevator stops about six times before I get out. I pass several rooms before I find my own, 805. I jiggle the key in the key hole and enter. Inside is a girl with straight blonde hair and bright blue eyes. "Hi..." I say as I closed the door behind me. "Hey" she whispers.
"I'm Zoey, Zoey Riggs." I say smiling.Her skin glows and her navy blue dress complements her perfectly. "Hailee Stone," She says with a slight grin, "Do you prefer a half of the room?" I shake my head and she nods to the right.
"Okay" I say and I head to the right of the tiny room. Then, I take out the few decor items I packed, a mini lava lamp, a poster, a calendar, a cork board, a white board, and a picture of my family- me, my mom, my dad, my older brother and sister. I flip the picture face down, I do not want to see them now. No matter how much I want to go home. I am here because of them.