Chapter 30

I wake up, but this time it's at 9am.
Olivia and Luke are still asleep so I start to get ready. I go to the showers, shower and get dressed. I throw on some jeans, a light blue blouse, and some blue sneakers. I go back to my room but they are still asleep, so I go to get breakfast.
At the cafeteria I see Zack, sitting alone.
Nervously, I go over to him and greet him.
"Hey!" I say as I sit down.
"Hey," he mutters.
"Are you coming to the Gala tonight?" I ask.
"Kinda have to, it's a requirement," he says with an obnoxious eye roll.
"Ok, I get the hint," I get up with my tray and go over to an empty table. I quickly eat and head up to my room.
Olivia is still asleep but Luke is gone.
At the lab I assume. I slam the door to wake up Olivia.
She stumbles up.
I look at the clock-11:45am.
"Wake up, the Gala is in seven hours," I say.
"And that means I have six hours to sleep," she falls back down. I roll my eyes. 
I decide to start getting ready, even though it's way too early. I straighten my hair, pull it into a perfect high pony tail and start on my makeup. I somehow manage perfect eyeliner and eyeshadow. But I does take me three hours...
Now there's only three hours until the Gala. I was told by Luke and Olivia that I had to give a speech, which was later confirmed by Liam on the phone. With my spare three hours, I worked on a simple speech- thanking Liam (subtlely), my teachers, my family, my friends, and basically everyone at the school(including Ember). I decide to add how I didn't want to be here but realized it was an amazing opportunity and experience. It gives credit to the school.
I look up at the clock- 4:04. I smile and put down my pen. My speech is two index cards long, about two minutes long.
I finalize all my makeup and hair and get my dress out. I smile at its beauty.
"It's perfect," I whisper to myself.
I wake Olivia up and tell her to get ready, and luckily she listens.
She showers, applies makeup, does her hair, and puts on her dress in an hour. I am stunned with her speed.
"Told you I could've slept in," she mumbles.
"Slept in? You woke up at 4. You missed two meals!" I shout, jokingly.
"Which means I get one big one!" She exclaims. I laugh and tell her to leave the room so I can change. She happily skips away and I lock the door.
I slip on the dress, for the first time, and it fits like a glove. I carefully zip up the back. I don't have a full length mirror, but I can sense it looks great.
I apply my bright, red lipstick and unlock the door. Olivia comes in and smiles.
"You look amazing!" She cheers.
"Thanks! You too!" I say.
She's wearing a long, simple sleeveless white dress with a bedazzled belt right above the waist.
Olivia smiles.
"It's 6:00,"she says,"We should go"
I nod in agreement and we head out.
Right outside I see Luke. He's wearing a light blue-almost denim colored- tuxedo with a fancy black tie.
"How dapper!" I joke. They laugh as we head down. As we pass the lounge I see several people in their fancy dresses sipping punch. In the corner of the room I see Hailee.
Her dress is a light teal and she looks stunning. She comes over to me and follows us down the elevator, telling me about her new, annoying roommate. I introduce her to Luke and Olivia and she happily greets them.
Once we are at the main floor, I see the guards, all in black ties, with their Element colored suits.
We head to the multipurpose room where all the long tables had been removed and replaced with fancy, circle tables. The stage has a podium in the middle with two medals laying across it. I go to the table labeled Victors, Hailee goes to a students table, and Olivia and Luke go to a guest table.
Soon Ember comes and greets me with a smile.
Her dark orange dress complements her bright red hair nicely.
"You look great," I say.
"Thanks, you look stunning," she says.
"Thank you," I whisper.
People slowly start flooding in and the music starts.
A buffet opens and waiters bring Ember and I whatever we want.
"Dang, I feel like royalty," I whisper to Ember.
"Same, this is awesome," she whispers back.
I eat a ton and am shocked by how good it tastes.
Then, I see Liam, guarding the same door he always guards. He's wearing a nice grey suit.
I stand up and slowly make my way there. The heels make it hard to run.
I tap his back.
"Holy-" he says when he turns.
I blush and smile.
"Dang, you look- Im speechless," he says.
"Thank you!" I exclaim.
"Good luck with the speech," he says.
"Thanks," I say as I head back.
Soon, Dr.Midshaw taps the mic.
"Hello? Is this on?" He says, clearly confused.
"Ah yes. Ahem. Good evening students and guests!" He finally says. "It is fantastic to see you all here on this lovely night. Tonight is all about congratulating two lovely young ladies- the winners of our Games." Everyone claps. "Yes, yes. Ms. Collins unfortunately is under the weather and will not be speaking but an officer has stepped up to speak in her place, right now. Please welcome- Officer Liam Steele," he concludes.
I freeze. Liam? He volunteered to speak? Well then...
"Thanks Dr. Midshaw.Hey everyone! I'm Officer Liam Steele. I am here to congratulate the two ladies who won. One of which I'm actually very close with." He glances down at me. "Any way, congratulations to Ember Brooks and Zoey Riggs!" He claps and we get onto the stage.
"Hi, I'm Zoey," I begin. "I would like to thank everyone who got me here, everyone at the school-my friends, my teachers- everyone." I continue on as planned when I see Luke and Olivia get up and go to the back of the room. The go up the back ladder and inject something into a pipe above.
"I am happy to be an Elemental!" I conclude, still looking at them. Ember begins to talk. Droning on about her family and friends but I don't listen.
Suddenly a pipe explodes. People get under tables as a green liquid oozes from pipes. Liam runs onto the stage and guides us off. We get under a table but I peer out. Luke and Olivia run to each door and lock them, making it impossible to leave. Luke freezes the guards and leaves them.
Then Luke and Olivia shoot their powers together and out comes a huge water monster. People scream.
"I'm Luke and that's Olivia!" Luke shouts.
"And we are Puissants!"