Chapter 2

Hailee was nice. She wasn't to talkative or quiet. Around 8:30pm we got our schedule and got an announcement about "Mixer Breakfast!" There, we meet everyone. And it was formal. Breakfast was at 9:30, and apparently all late-comers would be punished. We didn't want to risk it so we went to sleep at 10:00 sharp. I was WAY too nervous. When the morning came I got dressed in short denim dress. Formal enough. This was it. Hailee stepped out of our room and scurried down the Great Hall.
We got there at exactly 9:25, with 5 precious minutes to spare. We sat at a table labeled 800-830 which hopefully referred  to room numbers. I smile to the people sitting at the long table. They all murmur, "Hi." Hailee plops herself down between two boys. I go right across. I learn the boys names are Mason and Evan. Suddenly the doors we entered by were locked shut and a microphone sreeched. "Greetings! Dr.Midshaw here! I'm here to tell you your powers and serve your hearty meal! Today's breakfast is a hard boiled egg and milk. Waiters may serve!" Dr.Midshaw announced.
Hundreds of waiters run down the lanes serving us our meal. It all seems like it's going perfectly fine when a loud bang comes from the recently shut door. Everyone looks. "Let him in" Dr.Midshaw says. The door opens and a clueless looking boy wanders in. "Hi! I'm so sorry!" He says. Dr.Midhaw nods and the boy falls down a long pit. Everyone looks speechless. "Shall we begin?" Dr.Midshaw asks. Everyone nods. Mental note, Dr.Midshaw is not the one to mess with. "Ok then lets start," he stops and looks right at me, angrily and rolls his eyes. I look at him for a second and stand. Why is he targeting me? For some reason I get really mad and then a puddle appears next to me. Was that me?