Part 3---Chapter 25

I wake up in a cold sweat in the white room. There, in the corner, is Faith. Her hair is a bright, royal blue.
"Faith?" I whisper. My throat hurts and my voice is raspy.
"Oh! You're awake!" She jumps up and takes some wires off of me.
"You changed your hair?" I ask in a raspy whisper.
"Yeah, I change it every six months!" She chirps.
Huh.
She heads to the counter and grabs a syringe with a small, pointy needle on the end.
The puts the needle in and takes out blood.
"What's that for?" I ask.
"It's for testing. To make sure the virtual reality didn't change your blood. Also to make sure you weren't emerged and more than anyone else," she answers.
"Why?"
"Oh! Because you won!" She cheers.
"WHAT!?" I exclaim.
"Well, you tied. With Ember. That was a really cool explosion of the elements! And you both somehow kept your powers!"Faith says.
I nod, shocked.
She places a bandage on the needle wound and heads to a cabinet in the corner.
She opens it and inside there are crunches.
"Here, you'll need these." She hands them to me.
"Why?" I ask, with a little laugh.
"Ok, go ahead, stand up!" She says.
I get up, but immediately I fall.
My legs are weak and achy.
She quickly hands me the crunches.
I flash a weak, sarcastic smile.
I try to grasp the handles but my hands and arms are cramped.
"Hm. One second, sit down," Faith says. She heads out of the room.
A few minutes later she comes back with a black and silver, shiny wheelchair.
"That'll work," I say as I slump down into the chair.
I try it out with a few 360s and 180s.
"This is actually kinda fun!" I exclaim.
"Haha. Yeah, that's how it was for me. Well you gotta get to your room. I'll schedule your physical evaluation. It'll tell you if you need physical therapy. A note with the day and time will be sent to your room by 8:30 tomorrow morning.Oh, and just do you know it's currently 5:02. Now go relax!" She says, very quickly.
"Ok, uh, sounds good," I say, cautiously.
"I'll guide you back, I know it's been a while," she laughs.
As I roll through the familiar halls I can't help feeling something is...different.
"Is something wrong?" Faith asks, noticing my worried expression.
"No, just something feels-uh-weird," I say. She shrugs.
"That's how it is after the games."
Finally I make it to my room. I breath a sigh of relief.
Inside the room I see Hailee, sitting on the bean bag, reading a book.
I quickly thank Faith for taking me and she leaves. I close the door behind me.
"Hey," I say.
"Hi," she responds without looking up.
"I-uh-I tied," I manage.
"I know, I watched," she points to the TV, still not looking up from her book.
"How long were you in?" I ask, trying to break the awkwardness.
"About two virtual days, it was fine," she mutters.
"Hm, cool," I murmur.
Suddenly, Hailee stands up.
"I'll be at the lounge," she says, storming off. She slams the door behind her.
Carefully, I roll my chair over to the wall phone. Without hesitation, I punch in Liam's office number.
"Hey you've reached Liam Steele's office, I'm busy right now but leave a message and I'll get back to you!" Beep.
I sigh and say:
"Hey Liam! It's Zoey! I'm back! Please call me! I missed you! Um...thanks! Thank Bye!"
And with that, I hang up the phone.
I hope he calls back soon.