Chapter 18

I run past giant mushrooms, floating islands, and giant trees. I see a few people, but they don't seem to notice me. Soon enough, I make it to a cave. It's empty and is full of little, bright orange bugs and bats. They look harmless so I go in deeper. There's an orange light at the end of the cave so I go towards it. At the end of the cave, there's a box. I open it and inside there's some food and a power enhancer. There's a note attached to it.
'Remember Kelly, this is gonna help you win!-mom.'
Ms.Collins. Kelly was supposed to find this. She probably knew where it was, but didn't get here in time.
I stash the items in my pocket and quickly run out, knowing she's gonna be here soon.
I decide to find another cave, lake, or river to camp out by.
Eventually, I make it to a cave that's next to a river, convenient.
Luckily, no one is there. Making a fire would be dumb, so I make a water infinity pool.
A water infinity pool is a small pool, almost a puddle, of water that can be used over and over, without running out.
I sit next to the pool and wash off some dirt I have on my hands and legs. I'm not sure what to do so I splash my face with water and dip my feet in the river.
I feel fish slip against my feet and moss on the rocks. It was oddly peaceful. I didn't feel like I was in a virtual world, I felt like I was in an isolated world, an empty forest, alone.
Until I hear rustling in the woods behind me.
As fast as I can, I get my feet out of the water and went into the cave.
"Hello?" I hear.
The person begins to settle down-and make a fire.
Hours pass and they don't leave, so I slowly make my way out of the cave. I would have gone unnoticed-if it weren't for that stick.
"Hey!" The person calls. It's a girl. "Don't worry, I won't do anything, well actually I can't"
I cautiously make my way out. The girl has bright red hair and freckles. She has green, almost brown eyes and is wearing a jumpsuit, like mine, but dark orange.
"Hey! I'm Ember," she says happily.
"Zoey," I say, still pretty cautious.
"I'm a fire elemental!" She cheers.
"Water," I say,stepping back.
"Oh, oh no," she quickly steps on the fire to stop it. "Here we go," she says.
"Wow thanks," I say, making my way closer to her.
"So, I'm Ember and I have no idea how to use my powers, but I'm here and ready to play!" she calls. I shush her and she covers her mouth.
"Hungry?" She asks, handing me a piece of fish. I take it and thank her. We sit together, talking, until it's dark.
"Well gotta sleep!" She says. I nod and she heads into the cave. I stay out to sleep under water. I'm awake for a long time. Long enough to see something beautiful.
The plants come alive. They begin to float up and spin. They glow a beautiful blue and green.
"Hey Ember," I call.
She comes out and is immediately amazed by the glow of the plants. She reaches out and touches one.
"Ow!!" She yells. Her finger goes pixelated.
"Are you ok?" I ask. She nods, clenching her teeth. A few minutes pass and her finger is still pixelated and she says it feels like a constant pounding on her finger. I advise her to sleep and then deal with it in the morning.

Authors Note:
Thanks to everyone who's been reading and enjoying Elemental! Please comment any suggestions, theories, or corrections! I want to make the story as good as possible! Thanks again! ;)