Chapter 6

Eventually, dinner comes and I am forced to go to the dining hall. I try to act normal, or as normal as possible. How can you be normal as an elemental? I go to the same table as earlier and plop down. The dining hall slowly fills up with people...laughing, talking and yelling. Zach eventually comes and sits down next to me. "Hey Zoey!"
"Hey!" I say looking into his deep blue eyes.
"So how've you been the past few hours?" He asks awkwardly. I start to think of the little person I smushed earlier. "Zoey?"
"Oh yea...great, good, normal..." I conclude. Wow way to go Zoey!
"Hehe, I guess normal is...good?" He eyes me suspiciously. Hailee eventually arrives and sits right in front of me.
"Hey ZOEY!" She cheers.
"How was the lounge?" I ask, proud of my little fight, but still confused.
"Great!" She responds with genuine joy. Another girl appears out of nowhere and plops down in the seat next to Zack.
"Hey Hailee, hey Zack!" The streak in the girls hair was barely visible.
" Yea the lounge was fun." The new girl says.
"Who's this?" I mouthed to Hailee.
"ZOEY,this is Kelly. She didn't exactly tell us her element...yet." We all look at her, wondering why she wouldn't share her element.
"Oh,who cares? Elementals are Elementals." she grins. "The lounge was fun...right Zack?"
"Uh, I don't know, I wasn't there," he says as Kelly leans on his broad shoulder.
"Sure you were! You remember?" she says slyly.
"Um, no. Can we just eat?" says Zack.
"Aw, don't you remember the K-I-S-S?" Kelly leans in closer to his face. He pulls back.
"Uh, Zack?" I say slowly. I dont know why I care, it's not like we're dating. I shift back in my chair.
"No! It's not what you think Zoey!" He calls.
"I gotta go," i say.I leave with my tray. I honestly don't know where to go or what to do.Liam! Of course! He can help! Or not. I couldn't possibly tell him about Zack. I reach the door of the cafeteria and the guard stops me. GREAT.
"Is there anywhere else I can eat?" I ask.
"Fine," he sighs, " if there's any officer available, you can eat in their office." I nod. He pulls out a walkie-talkie and mutters, " Officer Steele or Officer Woodly, a girl-" he pauses. "Name?" He asks.
"Zoey Riggs," I say. His smile fades into a face of horror. He clears his throat and continues-" Zoey Riggs needs a place to eat." Almost immediately, a person answers.
"I'm free!" I hear.
"Alright Zoey, Officer Steele will take you," he says," he'll be here in a minute." I nod. "Great," he says.
Could this get any worse?
"Wait with me." He says.
"Thank you, sir," I say. Hopefully he won't be too curious. At this point,I can only hope.