Chapter 8

I woke up to the sun shining in my face.

Along with movement next to me.

"What the-" I heard Jack's voice right by my ear. My eyes shot to him.

"Mark, why am I in bed with you?" 

That's exactly what I'm wondering.

I thought about last night and remembered us having a very heated makeout and starting to take our shirts off. My eyes began to widen.

No, I left him in my room and I slept in the guest bedroom before it could go further.

I shrugged. "You must've drunkenly walked in here last night." That's the only thing I could think of, anyway.

He put his hand on his forehead, suggesting he had a headache from his hangover.

"Oh yeah. I brought home that case of beer..." he said. "Do you mind telling me what happened last night? Like if I did anything stupid or something?"

"Do you not remember anything?"

"Nothing."

I took a deep breath. "Uh... well, pretty much, you..." I paused, debating whether or not I should tell him what happened. 

"You just passed out on the couch." I lied. "Then I'd assume you woke up and wandered in here."

At least it was partly true.

He let out a sigh of relief.

~Jack's POV~

I got up out of bed, surprised at the feeling of cool air hitting my bare chest.

I had a feeling Mark was lying to me about what happened. For one, why would I be shirtless if all I did was pass out after drinking a bit too much. But I couldn't help but wonder what actually happened.

I nearly gasped as a thought popped into my head. No, it couldn't be. We wouldn't do that. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind.

I tried putting my mind off the subject entirely by going to the kitchen and getting some coffee.

After a few minutes, Mark walked into the kitchen as well.

"Hey, uh... Jack?"

"Hmm?" I hummed as I sipped my coffee.

"Since you'll be... leaving... later," He seemed to struggle at saying those words. "We should probably make a video explaining the whole joke."

I looked down, trying to hide the sadness on my face. "Yeah, I suppose we should."

I went to my room- or rather, the guest bedroom that I've come to know as my room for the last month- and threw on a shirt before heading to the recording room.

I sat next to Mark in front of the camera. Taking a deep breath, I ran my fingers through my green hair. I didn't want to do this. I didn't want to tell everyone that it was all a joke and then just leave.

I mean, first of all, I would feel bad. It was a stupid joke that the fans didn't deserve. But also, it didn't feel like a joke. At least I didn't want it to be.

Mark looked at me. "Ready?"

I nodded in response.

He pressed a button on the camera and a red light lit up, signifying that it was recording.

"Hello everybody." He said less enthusiastically than usual. "You're probably wondering why we're making this video."

I turned my attention away from the camera and looked through the door next to us, which just so happened to be opened. I could see into Mark's room, the covers on his bed slightly ruffled. That's weird, he usually makes his bed every morning. In fact, he wasn't even IN his own bed today.

At that moment, it was like a switch being flipped in my brain. Despite being drunk at the time, I could somehow remember eveything that had happened.

How I attacked Mark's lips and he kissed back. How I dragged him to his bedroom before he stopped me from going further.

Wait- He kissed me back. 

Mark can't drink. He was sober.

Why didn't he pull away? Why did he accept what was happening, even removing my shirt before saying anything.

I turned my attention back to Mark, who was now doing his outro. He switched off the camera and leaned back in his chair. "You better make sure you have everything packed." He said, not making eye contact with me.

"Mark, I remember what happened last night." I announced abruptly, ignoring what he had said.

He turned his attention to me, cheeks a light shade of pink. "You do?"

I nodded. I couldn't find the words to tell him how I felt about it.

So instead, I leaned in and kissed him on the lips longingly. 

And he kissed back.

I pulled back ever so slighly, leaving only about an inch between us. "I don't want to leave you, Mark."

<><><>

Woo! Glad to finally get this chapter out.

So, how do you think Mark's gonna react?

See ya next chapter! Bye!