Chapter 2- The Fake Girlfriend

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 2- The Fake Girlfriend

*Sky’s POV*

“You’re doing what,” Shouts my roommate Paige, and our friends Carly and Jade. After taking out my suitcase from under my bed it was only a matter of time until I had to explain myself to these girls.

When I came back from New York we didn’t really talk about what went down. When I had entered my dorm just moments from hearing them talking about Jeremy and Kate I was in tears. I think they took that as a hint that I wasn’t comfortable to talk about it even though I knew they so eagerly wanted to. The only thing they knew- or this campus knew, because word travels quit fast around here- is that Jeremy went on a paid weekend with me. The difference between my friends and the campus population: they saw me come home in tears.

Paige knew something was up when Jeremy came the next day after partying with Carly the night before. She never really pried information from me but she did pick up that Jeremy and I were friends. That news alone would make any girl go crazy because Jeremy never befriended his so called “clients.” After I put the pieces together of the night before I began to think I really owed Jeremy one. He brought me home, drunk, and didn’t just ditch me. He took care of me and made sure I was ok until he left; if that’s not a friend then what is? Maybe there is some real feelings deep down somewhere in Jeremy; maybe it wasn’t a total lie or play after all.

Walking back and forth to the closet I started packing clothes into the suitcase. I remembered Jeremy mentioned he lived in Connecticut; the weather here is no different than it is there. He didn’t tell me either what to pack so being a girl and all I have to pack for everything. From dresses, to shorts, to pants, to tank tops, to all different types of sweaters, and every type of shoe; I even brought a freaking umbrella! All my toiletries were packed together in a bag itself, along with my blow dryer, straightener and curling iron- because you just never know.

The suitcase I was packing defiantly weighed triple than it was when I brought it to New York. Jade, who was laying upside down on Paige’s bed, sat up straight to look at me, her brown curly hair bouncing at her quick movement, “You’re falling for that boy quickly like everyone else, aren’t you!” Jade accuses with her eyes set on me.

“I am not!” I shout back a little too quickly and a little too loudly in a rough voice. My eyes shot up to her’s, brown meeting blue, an intense stare down as I shoved my toiletry bag in the now tightly snug suit case.

“Oh really, so maybe it’s the other way around…” Paige trailed off with a smirk on her lips.

“But then again, Sky is the one who said yes. So, then again…” Carly continued off Paige’s sentence.

“Skylar and Jeremy sittin’ in the tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. First comes love-”

“And fake dates.”

“-Then comes marriage-”

“Hopefully not a fake one.”

“Then comes a baby in the baby carriage!”

“Now that can’t be fake.”

Jade sang as Paige and Carly interrupted with a twist. College girls acting like third graders. How did I get stuck with them? I sat on the carpeted floor as they continued to go on about their false accusations about me going with Jeremy on this fake date. If they only knew about the moment when Jeremy told me he likes me. Boy would they flip. I wouldn’t hear the end of it.