Chapter 10- Let Her Go

My Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 10- Let Her Go

*Sky’s POV*

“Jeremy, don’t you dare.” I warned, backing away slowly. Jeremy with his evil smirk, raised the two small pink and blue water balloons over his head, taunting me. The wicked look in his eye told me he was enjoying this. There was no way I could stop him from throwing the water balloon.

“Come on Sky, have a little fun.” Jeremy snickered. He threw one which fell and landed by my feet, bursting with water. It lightly splashed my legs and I had to admit it was a bit refreshing.

“Jeremy don’t get them soaked.” Maura’s voice called, very far away. We were ducking behind and weaving through fruit trees for quite some time.

“Listen to your mom, Jer.” I smiled, shaking my head. I didn’t want to get wet but I did find his amusing.

“Caiden that’s enough, the girl is wet from head to toe!” Liz shouted to Caiden, whom I could see was still trying to aim water balloons at Ari as she ran around the yard.

“You left to get water balloons?” I puzzled together shaking my head. “Oh you’re good.” I chuckled, wagging my finger at him.

“Not just water balloons.” Jeremy laughs, taking steps toward me. I take a step back as he takes a step forward and hide myself behind a tree.

“You’re such a child.” I joke, shaking my head. I flinch when he pretends to throw the water balloon and laughs.

“Come on its one water balloon.” Jeremy laughs.

“Yeah for now.” I counter. Suddenly, I start feeling wet, it then when I realized I’m being shot. Shot with a water gun. With a helpless screech, I move around trying to cover myself.

“Water guns!” Justin laughs running by me. Given the opportunity Jeremy’s arm traps my waist, pushes me back onto him and I feel a small waterfall coming down on my head. With another yelp I wiggle around trying to break free. Jeremy just laughs, walking me out of the tree shields.

“I got you.” He laughs in my ear. I finally come out to the open and see it all. The younger kids are now having their own water balloon fight, stealing from the bucket Jeremy and Caiden brought out earlier. It must have been a ten gallon bucket filled to the top with water balloons. It seemed endless.

As heard, Ari was pretty soaked. Her white tee shirt was see through and her hair looked like a messy damp dog. Some of it was still straight, other strands shortened by the curliness. She didn’t look too happy, she crossed her arms frowning at Caiden and then turned the opposite way letting a smile deceive her.

“How many water balloons left?” Jeremy questioned, still carrying me around.  

“I don’t know a dozen, maybe half of that.” Caiden chuckled.

“You got my hair wet.” I pouted to Jeremy brushing my fingers through the top.

“Oh I’m not done with you yet.” He laughs bringing me over to the bucket.

“Jeremy!” I whine, wiggling in his hold. “I’m going to sit in your truck all wet. So don’t get whiny with me later, it’ll be all on you.” I warn as we get closer to the bucket.

“I’ll get you a towel.” He snickers.

“Hey this would be a perfect time to let me turn around and kiss you now. In front of your whole family.” I plan deviously. But I had a different reason.