Chapter 22- I Won

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 22- I Won

*Sky's POV*

I was about to go to bed, but things kept me from that. Though it was only ten, I knew my mind wasn’t going to stop running. First off, on my way back to the dorm, my name was shouted down the hall, which is stupid thing to do this late at night. No surprise that the annoying shrieking female voice belonged to no other than Kate.

“Skylar McKay, I’m talking to you!” Kate called again, following me down the hall. For once, her lap dog Hannah wasn’t following her.

I rolled my eyes before turning around to face her. Just because Jeremy told her the truth she’s been in the grumpiest mood, “Hey your royal hi-”

“You stole my boyfriend! YOU! Who the fuck do you think you are?” Kate yelled, making her way up to me to tell it straight to my face.

“I didn’t steal your so called boyfriend, we got close, and we bonded; that’s how you actually get to know somebody.” I tell her.

“Skylar McKay you are such a back stabbing bitch! You think you know Jeremy all so well because he invited you to be with his family. Well, new flash, Jeremy is always going to be the same guy he’s always been. So have fun with that until he realizes he gave up everything for nothing. You think he’s going to change for you?” She scoffed, shaking her head looking up and down at me.

I never heard a reason why Kate is always so bitter. With the stuff I hear about her I would only think she’d be happy and grateful. Kate surprisingly, is somewhat like me; her family anyways. Though her mom didn’t die at a young age her father has a great job which brought them wealth. She too lives in New York, but not in the same part as me. And from what I hear, she’s close with her mom, as they’re always going shopping and getting their nails done.

Whenever you see a petite blond women walking the halls on the long weekends, you knew that’s Kate’s mom. You could see the resemblance clearly. But like I said, Kate’s personality and attitude is a mystery to me. Since I’ve never personally done anything to get on her bad side, not until now anyways. Why did I ever think this girl was good enough for Jeremy? No guy deserves this much agony in their relationship.  

I chuckled, shaking my head at her, “Actually Kate, you never really got to know who Jeremy really is. You used him for an image you wanted to pull off. You’re just upset that Jeremy, he didn’t change for you, but he changed for me. You realized that he made an effort for me and not you. I won unintentionally, and I won big.”

And with that, leaving her with her mouth hung open and angry, I walked away, back to my dorm room. Trilled that I said all that and stood up to Kate, I fell back on my bed and smiled. “What’s got you all smiley?” Paige asks, turning in her chair and taking her head phones out of her ears.

“Everything Paige Matthews. Everything.” I sighed. The song we are the champions echoed in my head and I couldn’t agree more. I am the champion! I got up, grabbing my laptop to put back in my bag for tomorrow when I noticed something. The picture of Jeremy and I at my brother’s wedding.