day 0

the amber glow of the bedside lamp illuminated the pale complexion of a small man, curled into a defensive ball, soft streaks of lone tears glinting in the artificial light. soft sniffles was heard from the man, with the occasional whimpers of fear and pain. bruises of numerous sizes and colours littered his milky skin, leaving him a canvas of black and blue, and purple and brown. the earlier events had taken a toll on him, leaving him hurt and broken, fractured and damaged, alone and dying. but did he care? hell, he couldnt give a damn, because thats what he deserves right? (so he thought) the harden bruises, the chapped lips, the drunken mornings, the sick twisted smile he mustered to keep on going like its his last resort. the angry lines of loss and betrayal, the cold dead cobalt eyes that once held so much emotion, now struggling to stay alit.

his lips were chapped and fading to an ugly shade of torment blue, his eyes were dulling to a broken grey and just all in all he was a walking canvas smeared in tears, regret, sadness, anger, and death.

because this is sean, jack mcloughlin, smeared with harsh strokes of red and black, blue and grey, indicating that hes suffering but no one could see. because theres nothing to see when youre someone with the name jack mcloughlin; and so whats there to do when theres nothing there to see?

because jack mcloughlin is nothing, but he is also everything. hes the living embodiment of sadness, but his smile screamed joy. his eyes were dull and shattered but full and unbreaking.

jack mcloughlin was just another human living with the weight of the world crushing him down.

jack mcloughlin was another punching bag that the world favoured.

jack mcloughlin was just another person, left in the dirt with damaged kisses littering his skin.

----

hEYHEY, so welcome to the newer version of DK. I think I might favour this one better, because I now have a plan on what to do and where I want it to head.

Also, I know Jack isnt Jacks real name and I s2g if anyone bitches about me saying "lolol sean is his real name fake fan!!118!!!!7!!!" I will jump off a building like Sherlock did.

Anyhow, hope you do enjoy the newer, fresher, sadder version of Damaged Kisses :))

I feel like this is an appropriate time for jazz hands

-alex