The Answer

Tomika's POV

"Uh..." Is all I got out before I ran into Mr. Finn's classroom. This cannot be happening. Not now. Why did Summer and I have to be the only two girls in our group of friends? Better yet, why did he have to ask me? Out of all the girls in the school he could have asked. Like Kale... Okay maybe not Kale because of the fact that they would fight about World Peace and corperation issues, but still. He could have asked anyone and I mean ANYONE. So, why me?

"Tomika. Why did you run?" Zack comes in after me ahead of everyone else. 

"I'm really sorry Zack. I just need time to think things through about the whole "fake girlfriend" thing." I say. He smiles at me and nods then walks to his seat. 

*15 minutes later*

Where in the world is Mr. Finn? How can this man be late everyday? He only lives 10 minutes away!! All of a sudden *knock**knock*. There is a Mr. Finn outside the window. Zack walks up to unlock the window. I turn to Freddy. "Didn't you tell him the back door is always unlock?"

"Of course not. This is way more entertaining than walking through doors." One of these days these words are going to backfire on him. Just you wait Austin, Texas! 

"Okay guys." Mr. Finn says once he got through the window with the help of Zack. "Let's get started. I have a project for all of you since we are running low on original songs." The class all groans at the sound of a project.

"Hey now. This assignment is okay. You all are going to write a love song with a partner. I have the list right here, so sorry. You cannot pick." Mr. Finn explains and starts to read the list. I am literally praying that I do not have Zack because then it will make the situation even more awkward for us. Okay, okay. For me, you happy, you invisible audience who can hear everything that I am thinking. 

"First pair: Kenneth and Lily, second pair: Summer and Freddy," and you can hear a semi-silent shriek of joy provided by Summer, "third pair: Lawrence and Esme, fourth pair: Tomika and Zack..." he continues and I start to have a mini scream-a-thon in my head. Is today National Bad Luck Day for Tomika? Because it seems as if it were so. Once Mr. Finn was done with the partner list he told us all to get with our partner's and start writing.

Zack walks over to where I am and seats down in Summer's usual spot. "Hey Tomiks you ready to start writing?" 

"Um... Yeah. One question. When did you start calling me Tomiks?" I looked at him with a confused expression on my face. The guy only calls me by my full name, no matter how many times I tell him to call me Tomiks!

"Uh. Just now I guess. Is that cool?" Zack looks at me with a hopeful look.

"Yeah that's alright. Let's get started with the song." I say simply and we got to work. After about two hours of brainstorming ideas I came to one conclusion: we are so not going to be ready for the next time we are in class. That means...

"Okay. Since we don't have that much done do you want to come over after school and work on this song? If you are up to it." Zack asked. Eh, it can't be that bad to spend some one on one with the guy.

"Sure. But what about your dad?" I asked.

"He won't be home, after he drops me off at home he goes back to work for some more paperwork to fill out. My mom is busy at her office and my brother doesn't come home until six thirty after he is done with whatever extracurricular he has. Only my grandfather will be at home and he usually is asleep. Nothing wakes him up." Zack reassures me. *Phew* I thought we were going to have to play Mission Impossible with his electric guitar.

 And as if it was timed correctly the bell rang for snack (recess). We all got up and headed outside. The group and I all went to our usual spot and incomes Zack's jerk of a brother Ashton. I hate the guy with a burning passion. He thinks he is so high and mighty compared to all of us just because he is older. 

"Ugh. My brother and his friends. He is going to ask about my girlfriend! Tomika you have to give me your answer now please!!! My arm's life depends on it." Zack turned and begged to me. Aw man... What do I do? What do I do? Do I help my friend out? Do I bail on him? Think Tomika. THINK!!!

"Hey Zack. One of my friends told me you broke up with your blonde girlfriend. That makes me want to punch you again." And right before Ashton could punch Zack, my mouth spoke quicker than my head. And I say the words that I NEVER would have thought to have come out of my mouth.

"I'm his new girlfriend." 

Hey lovelies! Sorry if this was a long chapter but I have a good reason. I am going to try to update this story every Saturday because I have another book that I am not done with. So, I hope you enjoy this story. Again comment down below any suggestions you have for me or DM me. Love you guys.