Human!Monokuma x reader [Awkward Encounters]

(Spoilers and Monokuma starts off as a bear)

Requested by anonymous (beware the cringe)

HALLOWEEN SPECIAL THING
------

  Power was the only thing you cared about, not love or anything else, just power. You found out people unknowingly give power to others when they're nice or good looking. You hated the idea, but you knew to get what you wanted, changing a few things wouldn't hurt. You were known as the kindest, and prettiest person in school, which made you approachable. People would find you trustworthy, and tell you everything, thinking you were kind at heart and would never betray them. Basically, you were fake. With a sentence you could destroy someone's life, and you had everyone wrapped around your finger. You never had to use any of your knowledge, which bored you, but you thought it was for the best, controlling the place underground seemed better, you thought.

  You thought this killing game was going to get in your way, but in reality, it did the exact opposite. They were all falling in despair, they needed someone, and to them, that someone was you. Monokuma and the mastermind controlled this game on the surface, but underneath all of that, you had complete control. They were at their breaking points, all they needed was a push, and if you wanted to, you could give them that push.

Monokuma somehow knew this, and often tried to blackmail you. You soon learned that they were just empty threats, but he continued to make them anyway. When you were alone he would often talk to you, trying to get you to fall into despair or not. His visits soon became regular for you and he often stayed with you, it never bothered you, but you were curious.

------

"Why hasn't there been a body yet!?" Monokuma suddenly erupted, although he was currently out of sight.

"Where the fuck are you!?"

"That doesn't matter! I want a body! Just kill someone already!"

"..."

"Fine! Luckily for you guys, today you don't get a motive! You get something better!"

"Something better?"

Monokuma just laughed and you immediately shot your head backwards, since you heard his laughing from behind you. This time, you didn't see the monochrome bear, instead there was a monochrome boy around your age just inches away from your face. You stumbled back, with a small embarrassed blush on your face. You weren't expecting to come face-to-face with a monochrome boy, especially a cute monochrome boy.

"Upupupup~ Did I scare you (y/n)?"

"What the fuck is this!?"

"Be quite so I can explain! Anyway, the mastermind and I decided that it would be better if I watched you guys like this, since nothing is happening!" He yelled angrily.

"Wait! We thought you were just a toy-thing that was controlled by the mastermind!"

"Well you thought wrong! It's not the only time you were wrong though." He whispered the last part, but you heard it, and you knew he was talking about you because of the way he glanced at you. You glared at him for a second, before giving him a smirk, which some of the others noticed.

"(Y/n)! Are you alright?"

"Hm? Oh! I'm j-just fine, thank you." You smiled.

   Makoto hesitated before stepping in front of you, as he continued talking to Monokuma. Slowly, most of your classmates got closer to you, trying to move you away from Monokuma or just to protect you. After a while, Monokuma got bored, so he just left, leaving some unanswered questions and a confused group of people behind.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" Mondo screeched.

Makoto turned to look at you a confused and worried look. He was going over your features, as if he was reading you.

"Are you alright...? (Y/n) I've noticed something... Monokuma started getting closer to you... why? Has he tried talking to you?"

"No, Makoto I'm sure it's nothing." 'If Makoto noticed than I'm sure Kyouko noticed, since she's the best here at investigations.' You thought as you glanced at her.

------

   You slowly started noticing that what Makoto said was true. Before all Monokuma would do was stand next to you when addressing you all. Now, he's doing the same, but getting closer each time. He started sitting next to you in the morning when he would 'keep an eye on you,' and while he was addressing everyone, he would stand so close, your shoulders would often graze each other. You kind of liked it and you didn't mind, but everyone else did.

"(Y/n) you should stay away from Monokuma."

"Why are you telling her? She obviously doesn't do it on purpose, it's him."

"That's true, but why does Monokuma go after her?"

"Maybe because she's the prettiest one here."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing."

------

You were in your room, just reading, when Monokuma decided to burst in exclaiming he was bored. He kept ranting on about how boring this game is, while you read the last sentences. You closed the book expecting to see the monochrome bear, completely forgetting Monokuma was indeed a human. So when you closed the book and leaned toward what you thought was the bear, you accidentally almost kiss the boy, almost. Your faces were dangerously close, and neither of you back away. For a minute, you two stare into each other's eyes, until you both heard a knock at your door. Monokuma stays where he was, while you check who it was.

  When you open the door, you see a smiling Aoi Asahina, asking if you wanted to get donuts with her and Sakura. You decide to go, you thought it would be a bit awkward to stay with Monokuma after what happened.

------

You return to an empty room, to be quite honest, you expected to find Monokuma there. While contemplating what to do, your screen flickered on to show Monokuma.

"That was a bit awkward, huh, (y/n)?"

------

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO END IT SO YOU GOTTA STICK WITH THAT. Anyway, leave request and tips or something, I'm a bit to hyper to do anything right now